Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, need some good advice here, fairly quickly.... sat down to order a new 4066R today and was offered an unused 400cx loader that is sitting at the dealership for 1800$ less that what a new H180 is. There is little difference, I am told.

I know the 400cx is self-levelling - which I can take or leave as I have 6 years with my 400x now and can feather the controls pretty well.

There is a subtle difference in how the two detach, but in all honesty I don't care. In 6 years I've removed my loader ZERO times.

Is the roll back issue really a concern on the self-levelling vs. NSL models???

The 400cx and the H180 have more or less the same lift specs from what I can see.

I'd love to hear what you would do!!!

Thanks for your input.

-J.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Hi Guys, need some good advice here, fairly quickly.... sat down to order a new 4066R today and was offered an unused 400cx loader that is sitting at the dealership for 1800$ less that what a new H180 is. There is little difference, I am told.

I know the 400cx is self-levelling - which I can take or leave as I have 6 years with my 400x now and can feather the controls pretty well.

There is a subtle difference in how the two detach, but in all honesty I don't care. In 6 years I've removed my loader ZERO times.

Is the roll back issue really a concern on the self-levelling vs. NSL models???

The 400cx and the H180 have more or less the same lift specs from what I can see.

I'd love to hear what you would do!!!

Thanks for your input.

-J.
Do the new ones have the lines run through the loader frame? I would go for that. Also the new mounting looks more solid. I would go for the H180 all the way!

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dunno, I'll ask.

I was told the only difference is the mounting release mechanism, the sticker, and the all-in-one hydro connector - but this wouldn't be the first time what I've learned on here supersedes a JD employees knowledge....

-J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, does anyone have an opinion, or experience, with Deere's loader suspension system (lss)?? It apparently dampens jarring on the loader. 800$ installed is the quote.

Worth it??

-J.

·
Administrator
18,542 Posts
The LSS is good if you regularly transport heavy loads, like manure, round bales, or loaded pallets long distances. For the hobby farmer and weekend warrior I don't think it's needed.

I can't comment on the H180 or 400cx as I haven't seen enough of the new loaders to form an opinion.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
According to the JD website, the single point hydraulic connector is only for open station models. They also say that the hydraulic lines are concealed in the loader frame. That would be a huge plus for me.
I'm not real fond of the quick release mechanism on the 400CX. It has always seemed dangerous to me to stick your arm where you have to in order to release the loader. Seems like the new style would be safer.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Arlen, do you think the LSS is more trouble than it's worth in terms of things to go possibly wrong?? I do move rounds and other heavy stuff sometimes (not 3 times a week by any means), and sometimes carry something on the loader to counterbalance my flail mower.

Dealer says the LSS is 800$ installed.

-J.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I've used it on skid loaders, and it's nice because you can go faster with a bale across a field, but I don't think it's needed if you are a slow and easy guy (like me).
I think it would be reliable enough. Just a valve and an accumulator.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm getting slower and easier, but I have a ways to go.... LSS it is!!

·
Premium Member
7,937 Posts
Since you never/rarely remove the loader you now have, I would not worry about the Multi-Coupler (I love mine, but take the loader off a lot. Cost me $500 to add) or the way the 400CX mounts.
Lines inside would no be a big deal for me either.

My vote is get the 400CX and save the $1800

If you travel rough ground the LSS is nice. If you have smooth ground, skip it. I got mine LSS off ebay for less than 1/2 that. Local dealer charged almost $100 to charge it with nitrogen, but took a special tool I do not have.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Since you never/rarely remove the loader you now have, I would not worry about the Multi-Coupler (I love mine, but take the loader off a lot. Cost me $500 to add) or the way the 400CX mounts.
Lines inside would no be a big deal for me either.

My vote is get the 400CX and save the $1800

If you travel rough ground the LSS is nice. If you have smooth ground, skip it. I got mine LSS off ebay for less than 1/2 that. Local dealer charged almost $100 to charge it with nitrogen, but took a special tool I do not have.
Strong move on the eBay buy....

-J.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After some looking, it appears the H180 does not have concealed lines. The disconnect mechanism is a little nicer, no question, but I don't ever take it off anyway. The LSS is backward compatible to the 400cx.

I'm going with the 400cx. I'll be 800$ in the black even after the LSS is added.

I suppose now I can do a NSL vs MSL review for y'all in a few months.....

-J.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
After some looking, it appears the H180 does not have concealed lines. The disconnect mechanism is a little nicer, no question, but I don't ever take it off anyway. The LSS is backward compatible to the 400cx.

I'm going with the 400cx. I'll be 800$ in the black even after the LSS is added.

I suppose now I can do a NSL vs MSL review for y'all in a few months.....

-J.
They must not have all their facts straight yet on the website, that's where I read that the H180 has concealed lines.

Where does the LSS mount? Do you know how big the accumulator is?

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My sales buddy showed me a pic of an H180 from their Salesian training in FLA, and there uwas, without without question lines exposed....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397691524.579327.jpg

It's all very grey right now....not sure why Deere is so clandestine about things.

The accumulator looks to me to be about the size of an oversized grapefruit or pineapple...

·
Administrator
20,983 Posts
I only see two lines. Is it possible that's for a third function and the main four are in the boom?

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As some H180's hit the market in the next month or two I think we'll get our answers.... cause it doesn't seem that any of our JD representatives know the answer.

-Jer.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
As some H180's hit the market in the next month or two I think we'll get our answers.... cause it doesn't seem that any of our JD representatives know the answer.

-Jer.
Have you visited the H180 loader page on the JD website HERE

They have some good pictures in the 4 series brochure also.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts