Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put a quick hitch on my 3038e. works great if the implement is upright. But, most flop down. I see some with a assist bar to hold the front up? also, I thouht of having a few blocks stacked up to unload the front of say my rear blade. Then it would be ready to hook up from the drivers seat. curious as to what solutions others have??

Thanks Bill T

·
Registered
20 Posts
I sometimes use a log or a jack stand, whatever is nearby.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: HVACguy

·
Administrator
18,306 Posts
Many implements have a "kick stand" built it to keep it up. Simple to make if you have basic fab tools and skills.

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have the same issue with my blade. I use a short piece of 4x4 on end when I unhook. When you hook up raise the 3 point it falls out of the way so I dont have to get off again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,204 Posts
Lay out your implement as it would be if you were going to try to back up to it and pick it up. Measure the height between a cross member on the implement and the ground. Cut a piece of pressure treated 2x4 to that length. When you want to use the implement, pick it up, shove the 2x4 under there, back up and hook up.

Some people have attached jack stands to their implements to hold them at the correct height. That seems like to much work! :laugh:

·
Premium Member
12,748 Posts
Lay out your implement as it would be if you were going to try to back up to it and pick it up. Measure the height between a cross member on the implement and the ground. Cut a piece of pressure treated 2x4 to that length. When you want to use the implement, pick it up, shove the 2x4 under there, back up and hook up.

Some people have attached jack stands to their implements to hold them at the correct height. That seems like to much work! :laugh:
Until you need to unhook the implement some place other than where the chunk of 2x4 is laying. :)

A lot of implements come from the factory with parking stands. For those that don't it is a very easy mod. I used to use a bucket or chunk of wood which does work but is a bit of a PITA at times. I now have parking stands on everything. Mine are all secured with a single hitch pin. Take all of 10-secs. to stow or deploy.

·
Super Moderator
5,204 Posts
Until you need to unhook the implement some place other than where the chunk of 2x4 is laying. :)
I have 16" long pieces of 2x4 scattered in places all around my yard! :laugh:

Reactions: jgayman

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
My Bush Hog blade came with a "kick stand"

When I connect the blade to a tractor, and lift the blade, the pipe that is the kick stand can be removed, and inverted so that it extends upward,,
no leaving it behind,, you always have it with you.

I have since duplicated the "kick stand" and installed it on my landscape rake.

·
Registered
187 Posts
My Bush Hog blade came with a "kick stand"

When I connect the blade to a tractor, and lift the blade, the pipe that is the kick stand can be removed, and inverted so that it extends upward,,
no leaving it behind,, you always have it with you.

I have since duplicated the "kick stand" and installed it on my landscape rake.
I did this on every implement I have. The problem with 2x4s or what ever is I have grandkids I don't want implements landing on.

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Jack Stands

When you have kids and grandkids out and about I wouldn't rely on a 2x4 or a bucket. Jack stands only for me.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I've been napkin-sketching an automatic kick stand off and on for months. I keep thinking of solutions and then finding more problems as I think it through. Ideally, I want something that lays itself down when I pick up the implement and carry it off, and raises up when I set the implement on it. I was thinking this would be a storage solution, like incorporated into a pallet. So one down side would be it would be field use friendly. I'm going to keep scheming on it. Even though my rear blade has a kickstand leg, I want to make something that lets me just set it down and pull away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts