Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought harbor freight quick hitch for 1025r (hope not a mistake). Do I need to get cat 1 to 3 bushings for lower pins on cat 1 implements? Top link it appears from what I can find you go cat 1 to 2 and cat 2 to 3. Am I correct on this? If not any advise from the experts is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Just bought harbor freight quick hitch for 1025r (hope not a mistake). Do I need to get cat 1 to 3 bushings for lower pins on cat 1 implements? Top link it appears from what I can find you go cat 1 to 2 and cat 2 to 3. Am I correct on this? If not any advise from the experts is appreciated. Thanks
On the top link, yes. Takes two bushings to get to the correct size.
On the lower pins, you can do that, but there are actually quick hitch bushings with the large diameter outer stop on them. Either way works.

Reactions: MikeWR and Gizmo2

·
Registered
756 Posts
On the top link, yes. Takes two bushings to get to the correct size.
On the lower pins, you can do that, but there are actually quick hitch bushings with the large diameter outer stop on them. Either way works.
Jim is correct...

Here are a couple of pics to maybe make things clearer for you...

Here's a standard Cat 1 top link pin. In the picture are two bushings... a Cat 1 to Cat 2. and a Cat 2 to Cat 3. They're placed on top of, or over each other...

z2.JPG
z3.JPG
z4.JPG

Here are a couple of different way to do the lift arm pins....

A single pin-on Cat 1 to Cat 3 bushing... shown on my ballast box...

z1.JPG

That works for some implements, but others, like my Land Pride Grading Scraper need a different set up. I had to use the same method as on the top link pin... One Cat1 pin, with two bushings over it...

DSCF9071 - Copy.JPG
DSCF9074 - Copy.JPG
DSCF9077 - Copy.JPG

It worked on my draw bar hitch too...

DSCF8932.jpg
DSCF9016.jpg
DSCF9017.jpg

One thing to keep in mind is that the "top link" bushings are NOT the same size as the "lift pin" bushings... Just make certain you've grabbed the right packages so you don't have to make the 50 mile round trip to town to get the right ones... Don't ask me how I learned to pay attention...... :banghead:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Reactions: MikeWR

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Jim is correct...

Here's a standard Cat 1 top link pin. In the picture are two bushings... a Cat 1 to Cat 2. and a Cat 2 to Cat 3. They're placed on top of, or over each other...

Here are a couple of different way to do the lift arm pins....

A single pin-on Cat 1 to Cat 3 bushing... shown on my ballast box...

View attachment 622730

That works for some implements, but others, like my Land Pride Grading Scraper need a different set up. I had to use the same method as on the top link pin... One Cat1 pin, with two bushings over it...

It worked on my draw bar hitch too...

One thing to keep in mind is that the "top link" bushings are NOT the same size as the "lift pin" bushings... Just make certain you've grabbed the right packages so you don't have to make the 50 mile round trip to town to get the right ones... Don't ask me how I learned to pay attention...... :banghead:

I believe the top pins are 3/4 inch and the bottom pins are 7/8 inch.

Dave

Reactions: MikeWR

·
Registered
68 Posts
Jim is correct...

ErikR - Do you, by chance, have the brand and part #s for those bushings, pin, and retainer? Trying to find them.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,440 Posts
ErikR - Do you, by chance, have the brand and part #s for those bushings, pin, and retainer? Trying to find them.
Tractor Supply has them.

·
Registered
756 Posts

jkohnz, I usually get my pins and bushings at either of a couple of places. I live near both a L&M Fleet Supply and a Tractor Supply Company. Not as close by is a Blain's Farm and Fleet.... and a Mills Fleet Farm. Any tractor/implement dealer should be able to help you out.

FYI, Deere's large pin-on Cat 1 to Cat 3 lift pin bushings are a lot more expensive than the Double HH brand

Here's a few pics of the packaging

DSCF9072 - Copy.JPG

DSCF9073 - Copy.JPG

DSCF9106.jpg

The pin is a "Double HH" brand. I have several other "Double HH" brand bushings and snap ring style retaining pins, but no pics of the packages....

I hope this helps. :thumbup1gif:

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
756 Posts
jkohnz,

I did a little Google search and found some info for you...

Category 1 top link pins are ¾" in diameter.... the cat 1 to cat 2 top link pin bushings increase that from ¾" to 1"..... the cat 2 to cat 3 increase that from 1" to 1¼"

Category 1 lift arm pins are 7/8" in diameter.... the cat 1 to cat 2 lift pin bushings increase that from 7/8" to 1.125" (inch and 1/8th) and the cat 2 to cat 3 bushings increase that from.. 1.125" ( inch and 1/8th) to 1.4375" (inch and 7/16ths").

The Lynch Pins .... like to one shown in this pic is 7/16th" as measured across the pin...

z3.JPG

There are several places on-line to buy them.... if you want to go that way...

Reactions: ssjfyr and Gizmo2

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks! I just found them at the local Orscheln's for about $10 total after tax for bushings and pins to do 2 top links. They sell them in pairs. Waiting on the lift arm bushings to come in.

Reactions: Gizmo2
1 - 13 of 13 Posts