Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought the hf quick hitch yesterday and ive got some questions. the distance between the inside of the qh is 28.5 inches. the pins on my box blade (kk 48 inch) arent wide enough to engage the arms of the qh. do they make longer pins? i would need at least 2 inches longer. i have looked around the forum and i cant find any posts that address this particular issue. thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
I bought a HF quick hitch and it won't fit my County Line 4' brush mower. The mower has these angle supports under the pins and the hitch won't clear them. Frustrating!

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
I have had the same issues trying to make some older cat 2 equipment fit. I did not spend much time on getting it done as teh equipment could fail at any time and is not worth the money or time. But here is what I did.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/for...rrection-making-cat-2-i-match-compatable.html

I added washers to the inside of the pins to increase the reach. There is no doubt I am putting more stress on other metals and welds, but so far so good.

I am not sure I would do this to a nice implement as the risk for failure is increased.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sorry to say I and some neighbors have had the same experience. Between us we have Speeco JD and HF quick hitches and many brands of implements. To make some work has required some serious redesign and fabrication but we made them all work.
The worst was my chipper which also required a longer than supplied PTO shaft.

·
Administrator
22,652 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it is #97214. its actually says 27.5 on the box but the manual says 28.5 and it measures 28.5. weird. either way i am resigned to modifying my box blade to allow it to work with the qh.

·
Registered
43 Posts
One reason I went with the Pat's Easy change. It's been almost as easy as a quick hitch, but I do have to get off to hook up my top link. But my Subsoiler and rotary cutter are two different widths by almost 2 inches and would not be able to use the QH for subsoiler for the same reason as you. Good luck

·
Administrator
22,652 Posts
it is #97214. its actually says 27.5 on the box but the manual says 28.5 and it measures 28.5. weird. either way i am resigned to modifying my box blade to allow it to work with the qh.
Such great consistency and QC for Horrible Fright :laugh:

Some people swear what a great deal they are...I am not convinced yet, sorry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.