Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to set up for winter on my new 1025R and I pull the quick hitch out of the factory box for the first time and can't find the side mounting plates for the frame. I have the front hanger but no mounting plates for the outside of the frame. So off to the dealer I go, salesman at a lost how did I get the front hanger and not the side plates?? Talk to parts department and they are all in one kit where did they go. Talked with the delivery guy who dropped the tractor off in August he had no recollection, finally talked with the set up guy and he looked at his computer for my tractor's work order and said when you get the quick hitch with the 60D mower he always gets longer bolts and puts the mower mounting plates on the outside of the frame and puts the quick hitch ones on the inside of the frame. That way you don't have to change them or take the hood guard off.
I go home and look and sure enough to they are inside the frame rails. My question is has anyone else done that because the quick hitch instructions call for them on the outside, not inside of the frame rails. Will this cause a problem?? I will say my setup man did a great job with the 60D mower. Any input appreciated.

·
Premium Member
14,884 Posts
They better be on the inside of the frame ,other wise it won't WORK.

You should be fine, remember you have to slide the adapter (my wording) into the slots so you can then hold the quick hitch in place.

Also if you have Auto connect and a front blower you need to remove the Auto connect from tractor. Simple to do Remove the two front pins or bolts and then remove the rear pins from lift arms then remove the lift arms from tractor... DON'T spin the lift arm after removing them and for easy reattaching in the spring just reattach them to the lift arms. Yes you will need to disconnect the PTO from the tractor.

Sounds like a pain in the A_ _ after doing it once will only take a few minutes after that first time.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Getting ready to set up for winter on my new 1025R and I pull the quick hitch out of the factory box for the first time and can't find the side mounting plates for the frame. I have the front hanger but no mounting plates for the outside of the frame. So off to the dealer I go, salesman at a lost how did I get the front hanger and not the side plates?? Talk to parts department and they are all in one kit where did they go. Talked with the delivery guy who dropped the tractor off in August he had no recollection, finally talked with the set up guy and he looked at his computer for my tractor's work order and said when you get the quick hitch with the 60D mower he always gets longer bolts and puts the mower mounting plates on the outside of the frame and puts the quick hitch ones on the inside of the frame. That way you don't have to change them or take the hood guard off.
I go home and look and sure enough to they are inside the frame rails. My question is has anyone else done that because the quick hitch instructions call for them on the outside, not inside of the frame rails. Will this cause a problem?? I will say my setup man did a great job with the 60D mower. Any input appreciated.
Mine are on the inside too. I'm pretty sure they have to be. It's easy to miss them if you're not looking real close.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts