Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas.. I just bought a speeco quick hitch.. Great product. Heavy duty and well built from what I can see.. A couple of questions if you don't mind.. How much side to side movement do you guys have your 3pt hitches set up for?.. I have quite a bit of side to side and wondered if I should tighten it up a bit?.. In addition.. When I set an implement to the ground.. It sits a bit off to one side.. Should that be straightened or is that being nit picky?.. Lastly.. The pin at the top of my ballast box and box blade that goes into the top hook of the quick hitch do not seat all the way into the hook.. It's not fat enough.. Should I get a bushing for that pin to ensure its seated into the bottom of the top hook on the quick hitch?.. It's in there fairly deep just not sitting all the way to the bottom.. Hope my questions make sense!..

·
Premium Member
13,004 Posts
Hey fellas.. I just bought a speeco quick hitch.. Great product. Heavy duty and well built from what I can see.. A couple of questions if you don't mind.. How much side to side movement do you guys have your 3pt hitches set up for?.. I have quite a bit of side to side and wondered if I should tighten it up a bit?.. In addition.. When I set an implement to the ground.. It sits a bit off to one side.. Should that be straightened or is that being nit picky?.. Lastly.. The pin at the top of my ballast box and box blade that goes into the top hook of the quick hitch do not seat all the way into the hook.. It's not fat enough.. Should I get a bushing for that pin to ensure its seated into the bottom of the top hook on the quick hitch?.. It's in there fairly deep just not sitting all the way to the bottom.. Hope my questions make sense!..
1. You want as little side-to-side play as possible without anything binding. Adjust it for almost no play and then check to ensure that that 3PH goes up and down smoothly with no implement attached. You don't want to hear any snapping or clunking.

2. Not sure what you mean by the implement sitting off a bit to one side. Do you have a photo?

3. You should have a bushing for the top pin and both side pins. The most common arrangement is your Cat1 pin with a Cat1-to-Cat2 bushing inside a Cat2-to-Cat3 bushing.

·
Super Moderator
5,285 Posts
I put my iMatch hitch on and tightened things up so that I ended up with between 3/4" and 1" of side-to side play. I think some folks go tighter but I just wanted to make sure there was a little bit so nothing would bind up. I'd guess that if "things" are off to one side, perhaps one of your lift arms has more play than the other?

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,274 Posts
Your lift arms should be adjusted so there is very little to no side to side movement without binding anything as you lift or drop. You also center it this way.

·
Registered
751 Posts
The top pin set up.....
A cat 1 pin with the 2 previously noted bushings....

z2.JPG

z3.JPG

z4.JPG

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Outstanding everyone.. Thank you!.. The hitch came with the bushings for the bottom pins but I'll have to pick up a bushing for the top pin.. May as well grab a bunch of each while I'm at it since I figure I'll need them for every implement I get..

Reactions: Levi and Marlin

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,044 Posts
Reactions: TonyBMI and Levi
1 - 7 of 7 Posts