Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My iMatch quick hitch and 3 bushing kits showed up today. I installed the lift arm bushings on my BB but I am confused about the top link bushing length. The two bushings are about 2 inches long and the space between the uprights is 2-3/4 inches. That leaves a lot of room for the bushing to slide side to side.

Am I supposed to use longer bushings, install some kind of spacer to make the space between the uprights narrower or is it ok that the bushings move that much? I don’t see longer Cat 1 to 2 and Cat 2 to 3 bushings available anywhere.

·
Registered
63 Posts
What diameter bushing do you need? My I-match will not accept a top bushing of cat 3, so I have a cat 2 in it and it is 1 3/4 in long. That length should work without a problem. However I did put a bushing on each side to hold it centered. For that I used a piece of ABS water pipe that fit over the 7/8 inch pin and used about 1/2 in on each side. The diameter is 1 1/8 inch for a cat 2 bushing. If you can fit a cat 3 all the way down in the top hook, you can buy a 2 1/2 inch long from Tractor Supply. I don't think that diameter will fit the hook though. See if Your lower cat 3 bushing will go all the way down.

·
Administrator
19,812 Posts
It is really not that critical for the bushing(s) to be the exact same length as the opening, but making spacers is fine if you want to center them.

·
Administrator
19,812 Posts
My I-match will not accept a top bushing of cat 3, so I have a cat 2 in it
That is very strange, it should accept a CAT3 bushing.

Reactions: WestTexasFarmBoy

·
Registered
25 Posts
All my top bushings are the same, about 3/4 inches of side to side movement. I have used large flat washers to limit side to side movement of the implement but it's not necessary.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Mine have been loose like that since 2013 with no issues and no bushings to stop side to side movement. Dealer set it up so I didn't question it.

·
Registered
551 Posts
It's when they are too long that you have a problem.

Reactions: Roger47

·
Registered
63 Posts
What category size are you guys using for the top link on your I-Match quick hitches? On mine a cat 3 will go in about half way only, so I have been using a cat 2. Should I change and readjust the height of the top hook?
That is very strange, it should accept a CAT3 bushing.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
783 Posts
What category size are you guys using for the top link on your I-Match quick hitches? On mine a cat 3 will go in about half way only, so I have been using a cat 2. Should I change and readjust the height of the top hook?
As Kenny said it's Cat 3.

Does the bushing not fit in the hook because the diameter is too big, or does it not go to the bottom of the hook?

The lift pins should bear all the weight of the implement. The top hook does not need to be fully seated and should not carry any weight.

Reactions: Roger47

·
Registered
63 Posts
The diameter is what keeps it from fully going down to the bottom. which I was thinking it needed to do to be correctly hooked up. Maybe I am fixing something that is not broke.....
As Kenny said it's Cat 3.

Does the bushing not fit in the hook because the diameter is too big, or does it not go to the bottom of the hook?

The lift pins should bear all the weight of the implement. The top hook does not need to be fully seated and should not carry any weight.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
783 Posts
The diameter is what keeps it from fully going down to the bottom. which I was thinking it needed to do to be correctly hooked up. Maybe I am fixing something that is not broke.....
Are you sure you're using a Top Link bushing and not a Lift Arm bushing?

Can you post a pictures of it?

Reactions: KeyboardJungle

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
783 Posts
No pictures available, what is the difference between the two bushings?
Upper link is 1.25 OD
Lower link is 1.44 OD

Reactions: myrna

·
Registered
89 Posts
Cat 3 top link bushing has a diameter of 1&1/4 inches and a length of 2". Cat 3 Bottom Bushing is 1&7/16 and is also narrower at 1&3/4 inches.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here are dimensions for Cat 1, 2 & 3 diameters.

Cat 1 → Cat 2 → Cat 3 Top Link - 3/4” → 1” → 1 1/4”
Cat 1 → Cat 2 → Cat 3 Lift Arms - 7/8” → 1 1/8” → 1 7/16”

·
Registered
89 Posts
Also, if your top link is Catagory 1 (3/4 dia.) , cat 1 to cat 3 bushings are made - but they are hard to find and relatively expensive. Stacking cat 1 to cat 2,then cat to cat 2 to 3 bushings is the easiest and cheapest way to go.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am using a 1 1/8 inch bushing for the top link and I don't think it goes to the bottom, I will change to the 1 1/4 when I find one. Good info, thanks.
So, you're saying it seats to the bottom with a cat 2 bushing?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Here are dimensions for Cat 1, 2 & 3 diameters.

Cat 1 → Cat 2 → Cat 3 Top Link - 3/4” → 1” → 1 1/4”
Cat 1 → Cat 2 → Cat 3 Lift Arms - 7/8” → 1 1/8” → 1 7/16”

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
783 Posts
I am using a 1 1/8 inch bushing for the top link and I don't think it goes to the bottom, I will change to the 1 1/4 when I find one. Good info, thanks.
1-1/4 is larger then 1-1/8...

Reactions: WestTexasFarmBoy
1 - 20 of 24 Posts