1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
6,933 Posts
This "Vevor" brand seems to be popping up an awful lot lately. A week ago I'd never heard f them. All of a sudden they are showing up all over Google's and Amazon's search results with everything - and it all seems to be made in China.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
I'd like that better if ireceiver was removeable and just pinned on where hook goes

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Watch how close your PTO shaft gets to it.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think there is room for it. At least the imatch has a foot of clearance for me. Maybe the vendor frame is thicker 🤔

Green Automotive tire Wood Grass Plant

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Not everything is created equal.
Things like tillers, that are ground engaging, which would put the PTO shaft at an angle towards the quick hitch when it's at full depth, it could get close. Or like on my RFM in particular, that has floating lower link connections. The quick hitch can drop really low and the PTO shaft cover comes really close to (might have even contacted) the box frame for the quick hitch.
Just saying to be mindful.

Yeah the chinaflu frames use a larger tube, closing the gap more than the i-match.

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,690 Posts
|
Personally, I just don't want to use my 3ph for towing anything with a hitch and ball mount, due to its inability to provide down force or even just hold the hitch in a fixed position. Plus, that ball mount receiver is very high on the hitch, meaning you have to lower the 3ph down to its lowest setting, in order for most smaller trailer tongues to be close to being to level.

I like the hitch receiver to be secured to something that's not moving and for me, that means removal of the tow plate from the factory below the rear PTO and the install of the Heavy Hitch receiver. Then I use an extension tube to keep the ball mount back from the tractor, to reduce the risk of the trailer tongue making contact with the tractors rear tires or fenders.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Asphalt Road surface Floor
Wood Tool Gas Machine Bumper

\\\\\\\\\\\\
Maybe there are those who like the idea of having the receiver tube on the quick hitch. I just don't care for it on either the loader bucket or the 3ph arms in any fashion. At least on the loader bucket you can control the lift and drop of the hitch, but on the 3ph, you can't stop the hitch from rising if the load shifts.

The Vevor quick hitch has that import shape with its gusseted corners and the way its built.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Sully I agree on the height thing but I’ve towed tons of firewood with mine and never had an issue. I use my 5x8 trailer and have the titan suitcase weight holder. I took 6 trailers of oak rounds from a neighbor about a 1/2 mile from the house. You can’t see his house from the road as it’s a flag lot and has a large hill in front of it. When you crest the hill at the halfway point, you’re looking at the roof on a 3 story house. It’s pretty steep and nothing has ever happened.

·
Registered
292 Posts
This "Vevor" brand seems to be popping up an awful lot lately. A week ago I'd never heard f them. All of a sudden they are showing up all over Google's and Amazon's search results with everything - and it all seems to be made in China.
I bought some vevor gojaks about a year and a half ago off of ebay.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
2015 JD 1025R
65 Posts
I just ordered one. Ended up $157.99 with a "halloween" discount code and free shipping. We will see how it looks when it arrives. RK and TSC seem to NEVER have theirs in stock anymore, and TSC is not doing the mailers/coupons anymore. So this will end up about $30 more than the TSC one. I won't use the receiver hitch much, but might be worth the extra $ to have it available. AND... it is green... :giggle:

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think another cool idea would be to plug in the heavy hitch receiver weight bracket if you had an attachment that is too light like a rear blade or a rake. (y)

Like either of these.

Reactions: Rule292 and SRG

·
Registered
503 Posts
Vevor looks to just be a online Chinese company selling just about everything.
A BBB "F" rating.
Very poor customer service.
No actual physical address.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Vevor looks to just be a online Chinese company selling just about everything.
A BBB "F" rating.
Very poor customer service.
No actual physical address.
So you mean just like most of the eBay, Amazon, Walmart, and all other "3rd party" sellers that drop-ship. Don't need China, Our US folks do the same ish. Buy from Alibaba, resell here, profit. Capitalism ;-) You know when I bought a scratch and dent quick hitch from Titan for dirt cheap, wasn't expecting it to come nicely packaged or with all bolts. Kind of like in the old days of Harbor Freight. Sometimes you need to spend $$$ and get premium products and premium services. Sometimes you just need something dollar store dirt cheap that works good enough long enough cause the premium product just does not hold value for your use case.
P.S. BBB is BS. It is now a pay-to-play extortion racket like Yelp. That A or F has zero real weight.

·
Registered
2015 JD 1025R
65 Posts
You can buy the Vevor stuff direct through Walmart.com and Amazon. I'm going to TOFTT, and see what they are like.

·
Registered
503 Posts
You can buy crap all day long online.
I don't.
I like to buy quality items and from well known companys.
At least chances of issues being resolved are better.
I look at many reviews....not from Amazon or the sellers. That's plain stupid.
Most reviews now days state what a great product and great seller.!...phony ..and yes...
BBB is bs too.
I searched out Vevor over the last two days...
Sorry I would not feel good purchasing from them...they , whom ever.
Of course now all I get endlessly is Vevor ads...😂

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I already have Imatch. I'm debating whether I want to weld a tube on mine or not :unsure:

·
Registered
156 Posts
I am fairly visual, so as I was looking through picks of other tractor attachments, I am coming away with the impression that the same supplier for Titan is making products for Vevor. My Titan QH looks exactly like Vevor one. Handles, welds, etc.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I got one in black almost 2 weeks ago.

Their tech support couldn't tell me the size of the lower pins....Claimed to be a Cat1/Cat2 Hitch. Screw it, it was $157, lets see what we get. Got it, and just like many of the other hitches... needs bushings for the lift pins... I had picked up some 1-2 bushings, but those were not even close to the right size... got some 2-3's, and it made me realize how "Not Round" the bottom hooks were. It came with some rusty spots on it already and the label was even upside down. :rolleyes:

I asked for a refund upon opening it, as it's neither a Cat 1, nor a Cat 2 hitch. After a few emails and showing them that it wasn't in fact a cat 1/cat 2 hitch (with photos), they said they needed 3-5 days to contact the manufacturer. (what?!?!) I then got another email on Friday offering me a green one (from another manufacturer) as a replacement. I confirmed that if they wanted to send me another one... in green, i'd accept that. Been a few days, time to check on them again.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts