Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Very new to this stuff, I just got a 1025r and need some ballast.

Just wondering if there is such thing as a quick hitch that can also hang weights on the hitch itself for ballast if needed?

Probably a stupid question but I can't seem to figure it out from the searches I've done.

Thank!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hello, Very new to this stuff, I just got a 1025r and need some ballast.

Just wondering if there is such thing as a quick hitch that can also hang weights on the hitch itself for ballast if needed?

Probably a stupid question but I can't seem to figure it out from the searches I've done.

Thank!
I'd love to find something like this as well. I've pondered ordering one and taking it to a buddy that's a fabricator and just having a piece of flat-stock welded across it and paint it matching JD green just for that purpose. Seems like it would be a great aftermarket thing that a lot of people would buy!

Reactions: Marlin

·
Administrator
18,330 Posts
The short answer is no, but with a quick hitch its easy to hang a device (like a Heavy Hitch) on to hold the weights.

:wgtt:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Reactions: Marlin

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Another vote for heavy hitch.

Also consider the optional cart for it. When you want to drop the weight, rather than taking it off one weight at a time, just slide the cart in the 2" receiver, flip the levers on the quick hitch and set it down. With the casters you can now wheel it around as needed and have a place to store your weights.

·
Premium Member
9,172 Posts
Looks like the next shipping container full of Titan weight brackets won't be in the USA until nearly Thanksgiving. Back ordered until November 20th......2019

Interesting, the Titan weight bracket weighs 42 pounds

The Heavy Hitch weight bracket, with the same weight capacity, weighs 55 pounds.

I bet Heavy Hitch can ship their weight bracket out sooner than 6 to 7 weeks. That's 25% more steel weight in the Heavy Hitch model compared to the Titan.

I would imagine that Heavy Hitch very carefully determined which steel quality and thickness would provide the best quality, most reliable and safest 3ph weight bracket. After extensive testing to make sure the weight bracket would meet the high standards of Heavy Hitch, their end product weighs 55 pounds.

Wonder how Titan's weight bracket ended up at 42 pounds?

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Don't have the quick hitch but this is the best pic I have with a Heavy Hitch and 8 42 lb weights just to give you an idea.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Heavy Hitch on I-Match

Here's a photo of the HH weight rack and hitch when on the I-match. The HH version is I-match compatible. Not all similar products are compatible. Be careful.

IMG_2886.JPG

·
Registered
129 Posts
Agreed. Heavy Hitch. Everything from Greg is built tougher then hell and will last forever. Top notch stuff. I use my Heavy Hitch, with or without suitcase weights, nearly every weekend. It almost never comes off the tractor. :bigthumb:

Reactions: kylew and Marlin

·
Registered
526 Posts
Looks like the next shipping container full of Titan weight brackets won't be in the USA until nearly Thanksgiving. Back ordered until November 20th......2019

Interesting, the Titan weight bracket weighs 42 pounds

The Heavy Hitch weight bracket, with the same weight capacity, weighs 55 pounds.

I bet Heavy Hitch can ship their weight bracket out sooner than 6 to 7 weeks. That's 25% more steel weight in the Heavy Hitch model compared to the Titan.

I would imagine that Heavy Hitch very carefully determined which steel quality and thickness would provide the best quality, most reliable and safest 3ph weight bracket. After extensive testing to make sure the weight bracket would meet the high standards of Heavy Hitch, their end product weighs 55 pounds.

Wonder how Titan's weight bracket ended up at 42 pounds?
I can tell their isn’t much love for Titan products around here. So far everything I’ve purchased from them had been delivered in a very timely manor. Hey if it breaks I got a welder. It’s just dumb iron.

Reactions: kylew and Marlin

·
Registered
947 Posts
Agreed. Heavy Hitch. Everything from Greg is built tougher then hell and will last forever. Top notch stuff. I use my Heavy Hitch, with or without suitcase weights, nearly every weekend. It almost never comes off the tractor. :bigthumb:

X2 for the Heavy Hitch

As sennister mentioned... the cart allows for easy removal, which is something to think about if intend to acquire or use any type of attachments in the future.

I like the fact the Heavy Hitch being I-Match compatible and includes a 2" receiver. The receiver adds so much versatility with being able to add a ball hitch, cargo carrier or other 2" receiver accessories.

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
Finally broke down and ordered weights. It kills me to pay that price for dumb iron but in my case it made sense and is the best option for the scope of my work.

Here’s what it looks like when the post office calls and ask if you can come pick up 8 heavy packages
IMG_4648.JPG

This is 336 lbs of dumb iron hanging on the Titan drawbar/weight bar installed on the Titan quick hitch.
IMG_4649.JPG

I’ll sure update if and when it comes apart (but I hope it doesn’t.) It won’t get “babied” around here. Got a lot of dirt to move but that’s a whole new thread (coming soon)

·
Premium Member
9,804 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Here's a photo of the HH weight rack and hitch when on the I-match. The HH version is I-match compatible. Not all similar products are compatible. Be careful.

View attachment 708250
I have the dual row version of this HH weight bracket and also use the QH. Works great. I can add up to 16 JD weights. I built a small stand for it out of a mini pallet and a couple 6x6 blocks so I can just lower it down onto the stand, disconnect and drive away.

Rob

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I can tell their isn’t much love for Titan products around here. So far everything I’ve purchased from them had been delivered in a very timely manor. Hey if it breaks I got a welder. It’s just dumb iron.
I love my Titan forks too. There are a lot of people who rip on them simply because they aren't 'made in the USA'. Sure, there have been a few actual problems with the products but I'd say no more than average for any company/product. When you can get a solid product for $4xx versus spending about $600 for other similar models or upwards of $1200 for the 'cadillac' versions (talking forks here) Titan really ends up being a great choice.

Rob

·
Premium Member
9,804 Posts
I love my Titan forks too. There are a lot of people who rip on them simply because they aren't 'made in the USA'. Sure, there have been a few actual problems with the products but I'd say no more than average for any company/product. When you can get a solid product for $4xx versus spending about $600 for other similar models or upwards of $1200 for the 'cadillac' versions (talking forks here) Titan really ends up being a great choice.

Rob
It is a personal preference to buy 'Made in USA' products, and in this preference I apply my bias equally, not just toward Titan.

I also prefer to support small businesses and I really appreciate those that focus on quality and reputation over the bottom line on a spreadsheet.

I bought a well made tractor that many would call the 'Cadillac' version. I have expectations of the tractor's performance based on the manufacturers reputation and the premium dollars spent.

I tend to follow that same principal when I purchase implements.

If the bottom line was important I could have saved a lot more than the difference in the cost of some pallet forks and bought a different brand, because hey, I've got a tool box. If it breaks I can fix it.

I really don't like "fixing" something I paid money for. Modifying maybe, but if I have to fix it, it wasn't worth what I paid for it to begin with.

I do not think lesser of others that might spend their dollars differently. If it works for you, great.

I have a simple mantra - I vote with my dollars.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I haven't had to fix anything with my Titan forks and they have met all my functionality and quality expectations. None of what you mentioned except for where they are made actually applies to the situation. That's the problematic part of the bias. If you want to support US-made that is great. I'd prefer to not see the other generalizations that are unfairly applied. But, hey, this is the Internet and everyone has an opinion... Carry on.

Rob

Reactions: rtgt and texomakid

·
Premium Member
9,804 Posts
X2 for the Heavy Hitch

The receiver adds so much versatility with being able to add a ball hitch, cargo carrier or other 2" receiver accessories.
Hey lost in wisconsin, what brand is that chainsaw mount?

120.JPG

·
Registered
947 Posts
Hey lost in wisconsin, what brand is that chainsaw mount?

I will have to see if I still have the extra one at home. Its actually an ATV chainsaw holder I found at Cabela's years ago. They were on clearance so I bought 2.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts