Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally bit the bullet and got a Speedco Quick Hitch.I'm now in the process of converting everything over. I have kicked myself for procrastinating several times this week-end, hooking up has never been this good. :good2:
Bought it at Orschelins a farm store much like TSC or Farm Fleet here in mid Missouri. As usual the initial cost isn't too bad until you start adding the little bits (adapters) up. at $26 a pair it grows quickly.

·
Administrator
21,037 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Yup, quick hitches pay for themselves in short order. You'll wonder why you waited sooooooo long.

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Kenny:

That's the same price I paid for my adapters at the local Ace of all places.

I wouldn't be without a QH.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I pulled a good one and conned a machinist friend into making me 2 pr of adapters out of some scrap stainless steel 2" shaft. :thumbup1gif: These will be used on my carry all and hitch bar. Stainless steel is the metal of choice where I work and there is always plenty of bent or worn shafting.

·
Administrator
21,037 Posts
Well I pulled a good one and conned a machinist friend into making me 2 pr of adapters out of some scrap stainless steel 2" shaft. :thumbup1gif: These will be used on my carry all and hitch bar. Stainless steel is the metal of choice where I work and there is always plenty of bent or worn shafting.
Awesome! Need pictures of those babies ASAP:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Nelson:

At some point those bushings will be worth more than the implement they're attached to. :laugh:

I use cotter-rings (similar to a keychain ring) for my LandPride's QH hook. The hairpins I was using kept popping out from vibration.

Reactions: Nelson

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A person needs to make one to realize what they really cost. It took over an hour to do the lathe work. Now I will admit that my friend is particular which makes him slow and stainless steel is somewhat different to machine. If you value your/ his time the $26.00 or so that TSC is getting is a bargain. The $11.00 that agsupplyonline gets is almost stealing on our part. I'm up at this time of the morning to go "pay" him -- 1/2 doz donuts.

·
Administrator
21,037 Posts
Kennyd, here are the stainless adapters I had made. We only put one hole in them for a split pin. I have two sets from Speedco if the need for the second hole arises. Notice the remains of a keyway in the edge of one.
You will have the sexiest bushings around:lol:

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
I am completely envious. Be sure to watch your attachments closely, as they will dissapear just for the bushings. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am completely envious. Be sure to watch your attachments closely, as they will dissapear just for the bushings. :laugh:
Hopefully they will just ask me for a couple instead of putting out the effort to take the whole thing.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
While on a short vacation into Iowa I stopped at the Farm King Supply in W Burlington on a whim. I was looking for some 7/16" x 1 1/2" split pins for my Stainless steel QH adapters. I didn't find any split pins but I did find some QH adapters at $19.99 + $1.40 sales tax. Now if I figure delivery cost, lets see 3 nights motel, 12 meals, entertainment for the wife ( shopping ) these will most likely be around $400.00 for the pr..:cray:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts