·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Life is good! :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Hitch before the tractor, good work! :thumbup1gif:

Off topic, I see a lot of people on here using the HF quick hitch vs the JD iMatch.
Is there a big price difference? And what's the quality on HF?
I usually think of HF stuff as "disposable"

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I can only comment on my quick hitches. Mine are LandPride and they work perfectly. I agree with you on the quality of HF, I am very selective in what I buy there.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,841 Posts
Off topic, I see a lot of people on here using the HF quick hitch vs the JD iMatch.
No issues with the HF quick hitch I have.

·
Registered
375 Posts

With regard to price difference:

John Deere iMatch Category 1 Quick Hitch LVB25976 runs $365.20 at Green Farm Parts. The GTT 7% coupon code brings the total to $339.63.

Haul-Master 3-Point Quick Hitch #97214 runs $99.99 at Harbor Freight. An easy to find 20% coupon brings the total down to $80.

I have the John Deere iMatch, so I cannot comment on the quality of the Harbor Freight.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
I have both the JD and HF quick hitches. There is no comparison between them. The JD iMatch is SO MUCH better. I only use the HF for the front 3pt hitch converter on my FEL. It rarely gets used, therefore it was the obvious choice for such limited use. The JD hitch probably weighs twice what the HF unit weighs.

Dave

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
It amazes me,,, with all the "junk" in the HF showroom,,,
that HF NEVER puts the HF quickhitch out on display,,, :dunno:

It is one of the better things I have purchased at HF,,,
yes, I too,, used the coupon,, actually, I think I lucked out and had a 25% coupon,,,

I have used the 25% a couple times,, they are harder to find, and are only good for a day or 2.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts

I didn't get a iMatch when I ordered my tractor because I was getting a lot of attachments and thought it would just be a convenience, money I could save. Then I decided to store all the attachments somewhere else, tried to get them all moved in a short amount of time - ended up having to stay an extra day to get it done - and realized how much I needed one. When I saw the price on the HF and after reading other's reviews, I figured it was hard to go wrong with it. Plus, after buying my tractor package, I didn't have $400 to throw around. But $100 was easier to swallow.

I'm sure it isn't quite the quality of the JD, but for the price differential it's worth it. It works well with all of my quick hitch compatible attachments but the rotary cutter (which should work - but I think there is something funky with mine}. I can get it to work with the rotary cutter as well, with a little coaxing. It's still WAY easier than trying to maneuver the implement onto the standard 3 point hitch!

·
Premium Member
12,765 Posts
I only use the HF for the front 3pt hitch converter on my FEL. It rarely gets used, therefore it was the obvious choice for such limited use. The JD hitch probably weighs twice what the HF unit weighs.Dave
That might actually be an advantage on the HF hitch for the FEL adapter application since you have to detach it after use. Easier to lug around.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I have both the JD and HF quick hitches. There is no comparison between them. The JD iMatch is SO MUCH better. I only use the HF for the front 3pt hitch converter on my FEL. It rarely gets used, therefore it was the obvious choice for such limited use. The JD hitch probably weighs twice what the HF unit weighs.

Dave
I could see you needing a heavier hitch on your larger tractor.
For us with the 1-series, the HF QH is plenty heavy enough for all we can lift/pull.

Do you find other reasons why the HF QH is less acceptable than the iMatch?

The difference in price is huge!

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
For us with the 1-series, the HF QH is plenty heavy enough for all we can lift/pull.

You are correct that I really do need a much more heavy duty quick hitch due to the larger tractor. With the loader and MMM, the 1025R I had weighed around 2200lbs. The 4066R with loader and 1500lb RFM weigh about 7500#. So with the extra weight and HP, the heavier duty quick hitch is really needed. I had purchased the JD version for a very good price when I still had the 1025R and kept it when upgrading to the larger tractor. The HF version is very flimsy in comparison. Just flipping the handles can verify that. The structural steel is much thinner. I can easily see the HF quick hitch breaking after a period of time with the 1500lb RFM swinging around behind the much larger tractor. The RFM itself weighs more than a bare 1025R. I have a drawbar that fits into the two lower arms of the iMatch that might be be pulling my 4000lb field roller. I suspect that would not play nicely with the HF quick hitch.

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
I am a Harbor Freight shopper but i watch what i buy. I like their Magumn air tools and have 2 of the 1/2" impacts, the tool boxes, actually had craftsmen boxes at home and once set up returned them,
I have their 10" tile/Brick saw and i am verry happy with it. I dont have a quick hitch but have two freinds that are happy with them. Just like any place you have to watch what you buy...

·
Registered
610 Posts

I've had Speeco, iMatch, and HF quick hitches. The main complaint with the HF is the top hook. For some implements, the space between the tractor side of the hook gap is insufficient, and it interferes with the frame of the implement. Many threads on this board about it, and a few fixes from what I've seen.

The thickness and quality of materials the HF hitch is made from is far lighter than either the Speeco or the iMatch. The construction is typical of anything from Harbor Freight, suspect at best. All that said, I don't think there is a big problem with them failing, especially with tractors under 40HP.

·
Registered
140 Posts

Land Pride makes a smaller lighter made quick hitch that would be a good match for a 1 series. I think its the QH005. I've seen them but have no personal experience with them. It's just a different option to look at.

·
Premium Member
12,765 Posts
Land Pride makes a smaller lighter made quick hitch that would be a good match for a 1 series. I think its the QH005. I've seen them but have no personal experience with them. It's just a different option to look at.
It is the QH05. One nice thing about the QH05 is that it does not require CAT3 bushings on your implements. The hooks are designed to handle Cat1 pins directly.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,841 Posts
It is the QH05. One nice thing about the QH05 is that it does not require CAT3 bushings on your implements. The hooks are designed to handle Cat1 pins directly.
:thumbup1gif: Wish I had one like that.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
At this stage of my game I'd like any of them, if they would work. I don't have any equipment that will except a QH. :banghead: I'd have to up-grade all my equipment. Or visit a person with a welder with some steel with cat 1 holes in it.

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
The local Kobota dealer quoted me just over 200 for the QH05. They had 10 on hand and now that Kobota purchased Landpride they will always have them. I was in looking at a new 72" groomer to replace my 25 year old one and saw the stack of quick hitiches.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
The local Kobota dealer quoted me just over 200 for the QH05. They had 10 on hand and now that Kobota purchased Landpride they will always have them. I was in looking at a new 72" groomer to replace my 25 year old one and saw the stack of quick hitiches.
I was quoted $200 the last time I asked. I'd love to have one of these QH05's. I think it would save money overall...no more bushings!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts