Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As with many things, it seems as the years go by, I am finding it harder to wrestle heavy steel tractor parts. I find the I-Match, and any other brand of quick hitch, to be heavy and awkward to get the pins inserted when you are trying to balance the unit and align the holes.

While I leave mine on, I understand there are times in which they have to be removed. Back hoe installation, incompatible implements, etc.

We are starting design on a universal mounting cart to suspend the hitch while you either connect or disconnect. I would love to hear any thoughts or suggestions on what you would feel to be a useful feature to make this effective and easy to use.

Here are some starting points. It will not be brand specific, any quick hitch will work. All 4 castors will swivel for maximum maneuverability. It will have a padded knee rest in the back to kneel on while you are working with the pins. It will be sturdy enough to leave the rockshaft arms and top link connected to the quick hitch (for those with a back hoe.) It will fold down for a smaller storage profile.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated to get the best end product possible!

Thanks!!

Randy

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,084 Posts
I thought you could just lay it down (hooks down), lower the 3PH all the way, hook up one side at a time then swing it up to hook up the center link? :dunno:

·
Administrator
17,288 Posts
I thought you could just lay it down (hooks down), lower the 3PH all the way, hook up one side at a time then swing it up to hook up the center link? :dunno:
I know my 3PH arms won't lower that far...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Solid Idea... Especially a place to park the draft arms and upper link when the backhoe is on.

:thumbup1gif:

Do you have a price point in mind?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a great tip, actually. Never tried that maneuver!

The main thought behind this was for those using the hoe. Apparently both rockshaft arms and the top link need to be removed. This would eliminate the need to even disconnect them from the quick hitch.

You could just drop the hitch into the cart, pull the lynch pins on the arms and top link, then roll the whole assembly away. Same for re-connect.

When I was testing, the kneeling pad would make it easier to get way down to where those arms disconnect from the tractor.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Solid Idea... Especially a place to park the draft arms and upper link when the backhoe is on.

:thumbup1gif:

Do you have a price point in mind?
I am definitely keeping the budget in mind on this. I don't want to speculate on price yet, but I do want to keep it VERY reasonable. It does not have to hold too much weight and the folding capability will definitely help with shipping cost. The more slim the box, the cheaper the shipping.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,084 Posts
The 2320 won't either and if IIRC I need something under the ballast box to remove and install it. The old 650 wasn't like this.
I told babycakes to just let the air out of the tires. Got one of those looks! :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,958 Posts
If you have a loader you can raise the front end slightly and... presto...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts