Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to say hello; have lurked around here for a while, and am quite appreciative of the knowledge and advice folks have shared. I have benefitted from others' experiences, and have patronized vendors like Bolt-On Hooks and FitRite Hydraulics -- both of whom I cannot recommend highly enough -- to enhance the capabilities of my tractors.

I currently run three Deere machines -- an L130 garden tractor, a 4105 with H165 loader, and a 1025R that kind of happened along when my BiL decided he no longer needed it (and then went and bought a Kubota 馃檮)...

And maybe at some point, I'd like to acquire an old 2-cylinder model -- maybe an M or 420/430 -- just to have an elder statesman on the farm...馃檪

I actually ended up joining the community to try and get help resolving a hydraulic issue, but will follow the rules and post it up correctly...

The Sock Monkey

Registered
Welcome from Central New York! As a confessed lurker, you know we like machine photos, so ...

Administrator
Welcome!!

Ok, what's the story with your username? Is the story forum friendly? 馃槅

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome!!

Ok, what's the story with your username? Is the story forum friendly? 馃槅
Thank you, and thanks for asking...

I spent a lot of time when I was really young at my maternal grandparents' farm in northwestern PA; my Grandpap was a REAL farmer -- a transplanted Michigan native who believed in using things until they wore out, and then keeping right on fixing and using them for years afterward...the most taciturn, stubborn, and resourceful man I've ever known. He passed before I even became a teenager, and my Grandma shortly after him. Lots of times when I have been left scratching my head at some problem confronting me on the farm, I wish I could ask his counsel...

One of the few gifts I have remaining from them is an old stuffed Sock Monkey that has become one of my most prized possessions. I don't spend hardly any time on social media -- no Facebook, no Twitter, no SnapChat (much to the chagrin of my numerous nieces and nephews), so when I decided to join here, I wanted a screen name that I could remember -- and just happened to look up at that stuffed toy on the shelf and thought of my Grandpap...maybe his way of telling me that good counsel is always available...馃檪

Registered
Welcome from New York.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome from Central New York! As a confessed lurker, you know we like machine photos, so ...
Thank you.

The 4105 and L130 appear -- perhaps not too well -- in my profile pic (took me a while to figure out how to do THAT...馃)...

I'll need to pry the 1025 away from my better half long enough to get a photo -- that is HER machine; I am only permitted to perform the servicing on it...馃槑

The Sock Monkey

Premium Member
Tator
Welcome GTT.gif

That'a a great story behind your user name, thank you for sharing that.

Reactions: flyweight and rtgt

Premium Member
Welcome from Kentucky

Premium Member
Welcome from Northern IL., home of the sock monkey. Well at least that鈥檚 what the Rockford City council would tell you. Of course I went by city in Wisconsin that said bicycling capital of the world, yet I have been to Davis, California which says that as well and anyone that been to Asia knows they are both wrong. Crazy world out there.

Now that I read that, a big grandpa Simpson鈥檚 welcome to GTT (y)

Administrator
Thanks for sharing. (y)

Registered
Welcome I'm new also.

Registered
Welcome from central Ohio
Welcome GTT.gif

Super Moderator
Welcome to GTT

Premium Member
Welcome from md

Sent from my ASUS_A009 using Tapatalk

Registered
Welcome from Wyoming and another relative newbie.

Really enjoyed the Sock Monkey story. I was not fortunate enough to know any of my grandparents. Of course, to hear my parents side of things I didn't miss a thing.

Registered
A big welcome to the GTT forum from Pennsylvania!!

Registered
Welcome from the Mitten. Great story thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Herminator

Senior GTT Super Slacker
Welcome to GTT

Reactions: Herminator
1 - 20 of 20 Posts