Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prirate1 here: I have the above spreader and want to remove the quick hitch from the spreader so I can match it up to the pto on my tractor. It is a very small diameter shaft on the quick hitch. I am use to just pushing in the button on the quick hitch but this one looks as if there is a screw body on one end and a flat end on the other that went through the quick hitch. I do not know if I just tap the screw looking end or not used lots of good release lock spray but no go Need some help

·
Registered
956 Posts
Prirate1 here: I have the above spreader and want to remove the quick hitch from the spreader so I can match it up to the pto on my tractor. It is a very small diameter shaft on the quick hitch. I am use to just pushing in the button on the quick hitch but this one looks as if there is a screw body on one end and a flat end on the other that went through the quick hitch. I do not know if I just tap the screw looking end or not used lots of good release lock spray but no go Need some help
i have the same spreader. Im not sure, but I think that you are asking about how to remove the quick hitch adapters from the lower lift pins. if so, they are tension/roll pins that you can tap out with a pin driver. it will be easier to see what you are trying to do if you post a pic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have the same spreader. Im not sure, but I think that you are asking about how to remove the quick hitch adapters from the lower lift pins. if so, they are tension/roll pins that you can tap out with a pin driver. it will be easier to see what you are trying to do if you post a pic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Dave
It is not the quick hitch adapter, it is where the shaft (yoke) is attached to the spreader. I want to remove it from the short(12 in if that) shaft on the spreader. I do not have the right shaft size from my pto on the tractor to the shaft from the spreader. I want to take the shaft that is on the spreader to a dealer so I can get the right shaft size that I can attach to my pto on the tractor.
tks so much

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi Pirate1 - the pto shaft that came with my spreader has the usual spring loaded push button on the pto yoke that releases the pto yoke from the splined shaft on the spreader.

Without seeing it, Im making a guess that the pto shaft might be seized to the splined shaft on your spreader. I have heard of it happening because the fertilizer that we put through spreaders is corrosive and can cause the parts to bind up. I periodically remove the pto shaft from the spreader on mine and give the splines a coating of grease to avoid this problem.

again, this is a bit of a guess based on my setup. yours could be different.

Reactions: SulleyBear
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.