Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, for Valentines Day I made my lovely wife of many years a Quilt/Blanket Ladder. I used more of the cedar from our deck that I redid in 2007.

IMG-0898(1).JPG

IMG-0902(1).JPG

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Nice piece Marlin. I see she's already found a home and put it to use...can't beat that.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Well, for Valentines Day I made my lovely wife of many years a Quilt/Blanket Ladder. I used more of the cedar from our deck that I redid in 2007.

View attachment 672244

View attachment 672246
My wife wants me to make her one too.

Always hard making something for the wife, she is very particular and can't make up her mind while I'm the opposite.

So while I could bang one out in little time I spend 2-3 weeks trying to get her to decide what she wants.

"Should it be 38 wide, no maybe I should have you make it 36" wide"
So I start and cut the wood up then she'll tell me "no I want it 38" wide":banghead:

On it goes.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,414 Posts
Marlin, I asked in the GM thread before I saw this thread. Does Missey make the quilts?

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My wife wants me to make her one too.

Always hard making something for the wife, she is very particular and can't make up her mind while I'm the opposite.

So while I could bang one out in little time I spend 2-3 weeks trying to get her to decide what she wants.

"Should it be 38 wide, no maybe I should have you make it 36" wide"
So I start and cut the wood up then she'll tell me "no I want it 38" wide":banghead:

On it goes.
:laugh: Sounds a little bit like Missey. I'd suggest just make one, surprise her if you can . . . she'll probably like it.

Missey's is 6' high and the steps are 18" wide, just about right. The steps are glued/screwed at 10º (16" from the bottom, then at 12" intervals) and I put in wood buttons to cover the screw heads. Also cut your 6' verticals top/bottom at 10º so it sits flat and the steps are level front to rear when set against the wall. (Be careful, I got my first 10º cuts backwards. :laugh:.)

Marlin, I asked in the GM thread before I saw this thread. Does Missey make the quilts?
:laugh: I notice this after I had already responded in the Good Morning thread.

https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/off-topic/14804-good-morning-7657.html#post3192946

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Nice Marlin, made mistake of showing to Mrs., now I got to make her one. On my list.

·
Registered
939 Posts
:hi: Since two or three weeks, Doris is sewing a quilt, too. When I first heart "quilt" I thought it was something to eat or drink...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts