Green Tractor Talk banner

Quote request from deere.com

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Warrior23 
#1 ·
Hello all, I figured I would use deere.com system to request a quote for a grapple. I filled out the webpage, had it send the quote to my local dealer. Got an email saying it was sent. That was on Wednesday this week, and as of now, I have not heard from them. I'm going to email the dealer today, but was wondering if that is a normal wait time for a quote. basically, I'm at 2 full work days. I am thinking it is time to change dealers, but was wondering if I'm being too "time sensitive". Is using Deere.com for quotes not a good place to go and I should be going directly to the dealer every time? I just like the "build your own" tool. Thanks for any feedback.

#2 ·
2 days isn't crazy.

One of the problems with using the Deere site is that you have no idea who those get sent to at the dealer. I suppose in an ideal setup it goes to all the sales people but that would probably irritate the sales folks. And since they are the people who configure the system on their end, they likely set it up so that all the requests go to a central collection point and whoever controls that account then parses them out to the appropriate sales rep. So if any of them are out of the office for the day (or week), your request waits.

If you want a faster response then call the dealer directly.

#5 ·
If you want a faster response then call the dealer directly.
Or any response at all...

Seems a lot of dealers just ignore emails - they have enough business in front of them in the store and on the phone.

I never really understood why people have phones in their pocket constantly won’t use it as such.

#3 ·
Thanks JimR. That is what I figured. My dealer is also a hardware store and big stihl dealer and a call can be on hold for a long time while they (rightfully so) help the people in front of them. I might drive down there on Saturday and talk in person. Was just trying to see if I was being a big baby ;) and it sounds like I am. lol.

#4 ·
I'd say that's normal. When I last used that system one dealer got back with me within a few days, but some others replied after a week. IMO, it's their busy season and I'm sure most web 'inquiries' do not result in a sale so they probably don't get the highest priority. I will say this - once I got the quotes (and an actual salesperson's email), I now send quote requests right to them and they have been pretty responsive with that.

#6 ·
The email likely goes to the Sales Manager or Store Manager. Eventually a Sales Person will get the email. If the dealer is not familiar with you, your email may go to the bottom of the list. Best bet is to visit the dealer in person.
P.S. I was at my dealer today and it was an endless procession of people wanting to talk to a L&G person. It is that time of year.

#7 ·
Went in today and they were really busy. Got to talk to a sales guy after about 30 min wait. That was a mistake, now I want a couple of other items. :). He said that he was going to get to me early next week. It was good to put my eyes on the grapple. I'm waiting on a quote to have them do the hydraulics, but I put the grapple and diverter on order. Thanks for all the advice. Cheers.

#8 · (Edited)
We have multiple lines with many having their own version of push notifications. Between getting actual work done, helping live customers, fielding phone calls, returning calls from handwritten notes, and doing the research to follow up on all of those, there often isn't time (or energy) to follow up on the push notifications. Be it right or wrong, I place all of the aforementioned contacts above manufacturer solicited inquiries when needed.
I'm certain this has lost some sales, but there are many days when it just doesn't all get done. These are not normal times in sales. Much time is wasted chasing for answers that don't exist from vendors, locating substitutes for delayed items, creating solutions for problems created due to late product etc. Seems in-genuine to actively hustle up deals that can't be fulfilled.

#9 ·
So many businesses have a form type quote or inquire web presence with nobody that monitors or responds. I don't get it! Communication is paramount with good customer relations and they don't seem to care.

For any dealer that has multiple sales employees they should have one secretary/receptionist that monitors the requests and redirects them on a rotating basis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.