Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding & Relaxation!

It's supposed to rain tomorrow. Yay! We need it. So Ms. SGS and I decided to go for a ride. Rode to the Harley shop and got our inspection stickers. Then rode North to NH.

Stopped at a roadside restaurant and had a nice lunch. Lobster rolls with FF's & Cole slaw.

2015-05-30 12.08.12.jpg

Went up to the Rochester, NH Harley shop. They had the factory demo rig there so we rode a few new motorcycles.

Left and stopped by her favorite country store, Calef's in Barrington, NH.

2015-05-30 14.28.21.jpg 2015-05-30 14.29.05.jpg 2015-05-30 14.29.13.jpg 2015-05-30 14.29.33.jpg

She picked up some Sharp cheddar cheese, some maple syrup and some other stuff to make a basket for our Grandson.

2015-05-30 14.27.06.jpg

Headed home and put the bikes away. 229 miles for the day. Nice riding. Got some sun & fresh air and spent a nice day with Ms. SGS!

Now we're off to meet some friends for dinner.

·
Administrator
17,963 Posts
Darn...
I had to work in the shop all day :cray: bike sat idle.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,740 Posts
Riding & Relaxation!

It's supposed to rain tomorrow. Yay! We need it. So Ms. SGS and I decided to go for a ride. Rode to the Harley shop and got our inspection stickers. Then rode North to NH.

Stopped at a roadside restaurant and had a nice lunch. Lobster rolls with FF's & Cole slaw.
Dang, some folks have all the fun!:good2:
About the best I could do today was like this.:lol:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,716 Posts
Glad you got a nice ride and a nice day.

Yesterday morning ,rode the Burgman and meet my brother and a cousin for breakfast. Needed to get home and weedeat , so total trip maybe 40 miles, short ride better than no ride.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Riding & Relaxation!

View attachment 46306

Went up to the Rochester, NH Harley shop. They had the factory demo rig there so we rode a few new motorcycles.

Left and stopped by her favorite country store, Calef's in Barrington, NH.

View attachment 46307 View attachment 46308 View attachment 46309 View attachment 46310

She picked up some Sharp cheddar cheese, some maple syrup and some other stuff to make a basket for our Grandson.

View attachment 46311

Headed home and put the bikes away. 229 miles for the day. Nice riding. Got some sun & fresh air and spent a nice day with Ms. SGS!

Now we're off to meet some friends for dinner.
Lobster rolls, fries and slaw.... now you got my attention Frank! The wife's been asking me to take her up the coast for a month now... Guess I know what I will be doing next weekend. I love that stuff.. Can't eat clams anymore I get shellfish poisoning but Lobster and shrimp.. Oh boy.. Thanks for posting, just reading makes me want to go now, the hummer is still duded up from last weeks parade so at least it's clean and full of gas! No bikes as I stated the other day but that's okay and if her crossfire wasn't at the Mercedes mechanics garage having an issue with the top taken care of we would be going up in that.... I can taste them now.. Reds in Wiscasset is always busy but they are good and huge.. Jeff :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Dang, some folks have all the fun!:good2:
About the best I could do today was like this.:lol:
Cajun, you would fit right in at the Rock N Roll Barn! What more fun could you want;; A nice ride, obviously good weather and a butt! I don't see your cooler though??? Maybe that's what you mean!!!!! Have fun..

View attachment 46334 This guys old! Still has his hair and can still sing and play so we let him come over!! :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
8,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I can taste them now.. Reds in Wiscasset is always busy but they are good and huge.. Jeff :thumbup1gif:
Red's in Wiscasset? Great spot!!!! Been a while but definitely a destination for a future ride and stay over.

·
Super Moderator
8,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seems you do a lot of those R&R days Superglidesport. When do ya find time to work?
Nice post! :thumbup1gif:
When I'm not ridin' I'm working looong days to Git-R-Done! Off season is pretty busy as well. One of these days I may not have it in me.....

·
Old Pa-pa
11,740 Posts
Cajun, you would fit right in at the Rock N Roll Barn! What more fun could you want;; A nice ride, obviously good weather and a butt! I don't see your cooler though??? Maybe that's what you mean!!!!! Have fun..
This guys old! Still has his hair and can still sing and play so we let him come over!! :laugh:
Had a third hand Harley "Pan" when I was in high school, dinged and dented, but it kept me from
having to ride the "cheese wagon" (school bus) to school.:lol:

Was thinking about getting another one ten or so years ago, but talked myself out of it,
just too dangerous out on the road now.

As far as the "hair" thing, my cowboy hat takes care of that.:laugh:
That pic was taken the day it was delivered, the reason I don't have the hat on, was too busy trying
trying to figure out how to run a straight line with it.:banghead:

Cajun

·
Registered
22,679 Posts
I thought about your post for a while after I read it Frank. I must say that you are a lucky guy with lots of energy! From what you've posted you have a most grueling work schedule during the week (and beyond) but you still find the time and energy to spend a day like this with your wife. I really like to see folks who work hard and play hard - I was one of them for many years.

It's so nice to see someone like you appreciate what you have and have such great enjoyment along with it - good for you!

·
Super Moderator
8,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought about your post for a while after I read it Frank. I must say that you are a lucky guy with lots of energy! From what you've posted you have a most grueling work schedule during the week (and beyond) but you still find the time and energy to spend a day like this with your wife. I really like to see folks who work hard and play hard - I was one of them for many years.

It's so nice to see someone like you appreciate what you have and have such great enjoyment along with it - good for you!
Thanks Stan, I do tend to push myself hard. Always have. Just got in from washing two cars and three bikes in between the rain showers. What a workout!!

Frank

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Had a third hand Harley "Pan" when I was in high school, dinged and dented, but it kept me from
having to ride the "cheese wagon" (school bus) to school.:lol:

Was thinking about getting another one ten or so years ago, but talked myself out of it,
just too dangerous out on the road now.

As far as the "hair" thing, my cowboy hat takes care of that.:laugh:
That pic was taken the day it was delivered, the reason I don't have the hat on, was too busy trying
trying to figure out how to run a straight line with it.:banghead:

Cajun
First time I ever heard the bus called the cheese wagon! Funny, at least you didn't mention the "short bus". :yahoo:

Dangerous is exactly what my wife says about a bike now , she thinks I am to old!!. :nunu:

So with the cowboy hat off that enables you drive a straight line huh? I'm the opposite, the sun blinds me without a hat and a straight line is out of the question without it! :cowboy:

The hair thing; in the picture I posted I believe he puts stuff in his hair to get that color, his wife says it's for the "chicks".. I didn't even know he had chickens! :laugh:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,740 Posts
First time I ever heard the bus called the cheese wagon! Funny, at least you didn't mention the "short bus". :yahoo:

Dangerous is exactly what my wife says about a bike now , she thinks I am to old!!. :nunu:

So with the cowboy hat off that enables you drive a straight line huh? I'm the opposite, the sun blinds me without a hat and a straight line is out of the question without it! :cowboy:

The hair thing; in the picture I posted I believe he puts stuff in his hair to get that color, his wife says it's for the "chicks".. I didn't even know he had chickens! :laugh:
Was a big status symbol back in high school, at that time, if you didn't have to ride "the cheese wagon" to school.:lol:
Was nothing compared to today where the parking lot looks like a new car dealership.
About 10 or 12 old "hand-me-down" family cars, a couple of old junker ex-farm trucks and 4 or 5 bikes.
One guy had an old Cushman scooter, the bike crowd looked down on him.:laugh:
One buddy had an old International farm truck, you could see asphalt or dirt through the floorboard on the passenger side and
half the time we had to push start the thing.
When you went somewhere with him, it was an adventure both going and getting back.

When I wear the cowboy hat, people say, "That old guy needs a haircut" when I take it off, people say "He's bald". :lol:

Cajun

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Was a big status symbol back in high school, at that time, if you didn't have to ride "the cheese wagon" to school.:lol:
Was nothing compared to today where the parking lot looks like a new car dealership.
About 10 or 12 old "hand-me-down" family cars, a couple of old junker ex-farm trucks and 4 or 5 bikes.
One guy had an old Cushman scooter, the bike crowd looked down on him.:laugh:
One buddy had an old International farm truck, you could see asphalt or dirt through the floorboard on the passenger side and
half the time we had to push start the thing.
When you went somewhere with him, it was an adventure both going and getting back.

When I wear the cowboy hat, people say, "That old guy needs a haircut" when I take it off, people say "He's bald". :lol:

Cajun
Wow what a small world, our parking lot looked sort of the same, old cars and not a lot of them either mostly dads or grampa's old stuff they wouldn't drive anymore and farm trucks, ya we had those too. The Cushman brought back some old memories, but we had two of them in high school and they were cool! Then the Vespa's came around and they would race on the main drag, funny to watch, only one kid had a real motorcycle and it was a 650 Triumph Tiger.. Later on I had a 61 Chevy Impala that my granddad gave me (a smoker, blue smoke everywhere) and that was very cool except the drivers side of the seat was so blown out I needed a pillow to sit on to see over the steering wheel! We didn't have much money but boy we knew how to make the vehicles last. One of my friends had an old Buick with those fins sticking up like the bat mobile and the older kids used to use his back seat skipping school to make out!
Learned how to drive in a 4 speed Hillman when I was 14 (we had a 1 mile road to our house with no other houses on it so I had a lot of road to play with), my dad loved those things for some reason, It was a cool car, a transistor radio hanging from the rear view mirror, had to jump start the thing all the time, I was cool!,, but I was grateful when I got the Chevy.. The picture you posted of you reminds me of a guy we call "roundy". You look just like him, in fact you two could be brothers! I wish I had a Picture of him.. We call him Roundy because he is a pilot and all he does is fly around the ponds and rivers around here over and over again! He's about 78 years old now, surprised he still has a license to be honest with you (maybe he doesn't!) one of these days he's going to forget how to get home and he'll be landing in New Hampshire someplace!!! .. Good reminiscing, thanks, and by the way your not bald, your just loosing some hair! Jeff

1 - 16 of 16 Posts