Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the actual size of the R3 tire that JD is putting on their 2038r tractor ? Mine came with R4 tires and I do not like them at all for mowing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The R3+ Radial are 300/70 r20 rear and 200/60 r15 front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My tractor is 7 days old. I asked for R3 when I ordered but ended up with R4’s. Can I buy the R3’s somewhere as my dealer is not able or not willing to find some for me.
Thanks for your help. 😄

·
Registered
36 Posts
I switched from R4's to R14's at a local tire shop, reused my original rims, and they bought my R4's only had 50 hours on them. As long as the rims are the same for R4's and R3 should be a easy swap. My dealer had no interest in looking for a solution to my tire swap either.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I switched from R4's to R14's at a local tire shop, reused my original rims, and they bought my R4's only had 50 hours on them. As long as the rims are the same for R4's and R3 should be a easy swap. My dealer had no interest in looking for a solution to my tire swap either.
The rims for the R3+ are not the same as the R4.

·
Registered
252 Posts
What brand and size are your R14s front & rear?

Cub Cadet Pro Z S148
Zforce SX 48
John Deere 2038r FEL
(2) 80 carts
15 cart
Frontier 3062r
Frontier ss1023b
Frontier af10f
Land Pride 1554 Box Blade
Land Pride QH05 quick hitch
Titan 60” spike aerator
Victory EF 155 flail mower
48” sand filled lawn roller

·
Registered
252 Posts
Goodyear 16.9-24 rear 10-16.5 front
Thank you!

Cub Cadet Pro Z S148
Zforce SX 48
John Deere 2038r FEL
(2) 80 carts
15 cart
Frontier 3062r
Frontier ss1023b
Frontier af10f
Land Pride 1554 Box Blade
Land Pride QH05 quick hitch
Titan 60” spike aerator
Victory EF 155 flail mower
48” sand filled lawn roller

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
My tractor is 7 days old. I asked for R3 when I ordered but ended up with R4’s. Can I buy the R3’s somewhere as my dealer is not able or not willing to find some for me.
Thanks for your help. 😄
if your tractor is a week old and you ordered R3's in the first place and he wont work with you its time to find a new dealer. When I ordered the R3 radials with mine I did have to wait 7 months but that was when they were just available. I like mine.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
if your tractor is a week old and you ordered R3's in the first place and he wont work with you its time to find a new dealer. When I ordered the R3 radials with mine I did have to wait 7 months but that was when they were just available. I like mine.
That's funny because my tractor was originally delivered from the factory with R3 Radials (which I did not want). They swapped them for R4 Industrials and ordered a spare set of R3 Turfs. So my 2038R may be the only 2 series that has actually had all three factory tire options installed on it at one time or another.
These are actual photos of my 2038R

At the dealer with R3 Radials installed

At the dealer with R4 Industrials installed

At home with R3 Turfs installed

I run my machine with the turfs installed most of the time because the R4s damage the lawn too much. I install the R4s when doing heavy excavation work only.

In this photo you can see the yellow rims of the R4s as stored in the barn.

Sincerely

·
Registered
26 Posts
I asked for R3 when I ordered but ended up with R4’s.
I see where you ‘asked’ for the R3 Radials, but is that an option that you paid for? Because that is about an $800 upgrade. If I paid for that and did not receive it I would be highly upset.

And if your dealer isn’t willing to get you the options you want, it’s probably time to find a new dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's funny because my tractor was originally delivered from the factory with R3 Radials (which I did not want). They swapped them for R4 Industrials and ordered a spare set of R3 Turfs. So my 2038R may be the only 2 series that has actually had all three factory tire options installed on it at one time or another...
Do the R3 bias ply rear tires give you the same overall width as the R4's?

And can someone share the overall rear width of the tractor with the R3 radials. A measurement with or without spacers is fine.

·
Registered
2032R, 220R MSL, 270B
51 Posts
I believe the radials are narrower. Waiting on a phone call, but I'll get some measurements in a bit

·
Registered
2032R, 220R MSL, 270B
51 Posts
Picture didn't come out, but putting 4' straight edges horizontally such that they touch the sidewalls on the front and rear of the rear tires, R3 Radial rear tire width exactly 12-1/2". The tread is somewhat skinnier

·
Registered
3 Posts
Picture didn't come out, but putting 4' straight edges horizontally such that they touch the sidewalls on the front and rear of the rear tires, R3 Radial rear tire width exactly 12-1/2". The tread is somewhat skinnier
Thank you. What is your overall width across the back tires (outside to outside)? And do you have wheel spacers?

I’ve read that the JD 60mm (2.4”) wheel spacers make the overall width of the tractor like 59.5”, but I’m wondering if that is the case with the R3 radials, or just the R4’s.

The R3 radials look skinnier than the R4’s, but it could be an illusion because of the different rim size.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2032R, 220R MSL, 270B
51 Posts
Yes, I have the backhoe so wheel spacers are required. Total with about 55-1/2"

·
Registered
2032R, 220R MSL, 270B
51 Posts
also unsure about rim offset. Per RSAmerica 14 vs 12 should be 1" on either side of the mounting flange, or a 2" total difference in width, but I'm showing a 4" difference from the Deere-claimed 59.5" width.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, I have the backhoe so wheel spacers are required. Total with about 55-1/2"
Thanks for taking the time to grab that measurement.

So it sounds like the 59.5” overall width with the OEM 2.4” spacers is only achievable with the R4’s, and it would require 4.5” spacers to get to the 59.5” with R3 radials.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts