Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
RIP
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2520 with R4's that is doing a number on my lawn and so I am thinking about switching to R3's. Does anyone know if the wheels have to be changed as well? Any opinions on the R3's as far as weight carrying in the bucket and overall durability (side wall punctures by roots etc.) for general all around use. I have a 200csx and a 46 Backhoe and use both while rearranging the borders of my property around a big lawn which is starting to suffer. Thanks for any experience/ advise you can offer

·
RIP
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well GLC is right I called the dealer and they confirmed new set of wheels and lower ply, softer sidewall, less weight carrying ability. On a good note they do sell 4 wheels w/4 mounted tires as a set at about a $500 savings to buying them separately. I have made several burnouts trying to dig out rocks , pick up bucketfuls etc. that I was hoping to avoid. My wife also wants to use this and I think she is starting to get intimidated in that she might cause some of the same damage. They also do leave an imprint in softer areas, but at $1500 + tax I will not be buying a set soon. We have only had this great new tool about a month I will have to learn how to attack things a little more lawn friendly. Thanks for your help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.