Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can't budge the radiator connect/disconnect isolation valve on a 2005 JD 6615. This is p/n AL164553. How would I go about removing and replacing this "plastic" valve? When I try and turn it with a hex wrench, the plastic just warps as the wrench turns.

FYI I started the drain and refill process because my hydraulic oil was overheating and from what I read it was likely an air lock on the low temp circuit. So draining, refilling, bleeding seemed to be the first course of action. But now I can't do that.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well......

Well did not get any responses. I ordered the valve to see what I was up against. Posted the pic. I tried to epoxy a 10mm hex into the valve. Even that did not work. Rather than destroy the valve/radiator I will admit defeat.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I am not familiar with your part, but, I am familiar with parts that can not be turned,,
I have found attempting to turn repeatedly in both directions has a much better chance of loosening the stuck part,,,

Good luck,,,,

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Well did not get any responses. I ordered the valve to see what I was up against. Posted the pic. I tried to epoxy a 10mm hex into the valve. Even that did not work. Rather than destroy the valve/radiator I will admit defeat.
Having the part "in hand" you can see how much you dare drill to get it apart. I would only be drilling as deep as the threads and keep increasing diameter of the drill. Hopefully you can get to the point that the threads can be removed from the female threads with out damage.

You may then have to thread a long screw into the remaining part to pull it out.

GOOD LUCK! :bigthumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts