Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2520 there is a removable screen in front of the radiator that helps keep dirt and debris out of the radiator is there such an option on the 3X20 series cab models radiator and if so is it standard or optional? What is the part number of this screen if it does exist?

·
Administrator
20,876 Posts
Mine has one, yours should too, #6:

·
Premium Member
15,955 Posts
According to JD Parts there is a radiator screen on the 3320. I don't think it has anything to do with whether you have a cab or open station. The Operator's Manual for the cab model also shows how to clean the screen.

NOTE: The screen part number appears to vary depending on the serial number of the tractor.

·
Administrator
20,876 Posts
I can say this...on the 3720's cab they are hard to see and get too, you have the AC condenser/evaporator (or whatever its called) and the intercooler in the way. The 3330 and 3520 cabs won't have the intercooler there.

Reactions: jgayman

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
The screen on my 1025R sure was a big help in maintaining a clean radiator. My 4066R does not have one and I would sure appreciate one.

Dave

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have the tractor in my possession yet so wasn't sure if it had the screen or not especially since it has a condenser and intercooler. Good to know it does have a screen. Thank you for your responses.

Reactions: jgayman

·
Registered
231 Posts
My 3320 had one, but my 3039R does not. Looks like what they did on the 3r was they made the grille mesh about the same size as the screen mesh on the 3320, and thus nixed the screen because of that. Truthfully in the way the hood doesn’t fully open up out of the way to expose the radiator on the 3R like 3x20’s did, it’s probably easier that way.

Rick

·
Premium Member
15,955 Posts
My 3320 had one, but my 3039R does not. Looks like what they did on the 3r was they made the grille mesh about the same size as the screen mesh on the 3320, and thus nixed the screen because of that. Truthfully in the way the hood doesn’t fully open up out of the way to expose the radiator on the 3R like 3x20’s did, it’s probably easier that way.

Rick
That seems to be a mistake on JD's part. Many folks have complained about debris getting through the grill and clogging the radiator. They did the same thing on the newer 2-series and have the same problems. Bring back the radiator screen!

Reactions: WH401 and Kennyd

·
Registered
JD 3032E, + loader, ripper, road scraper, forks, Woodmaxx, 10-wheel disc, 12" auger
57 Posts
I posted on this a few weeks ago; I made mine with window screen (textile, not metal) repair mesh, green duck tape, and sign-magnet scraps from the local sign shop. I taped the mesh to the magnets, and put it in front of the grille with the magnet strips on the engine cover sides. Just pull it off, shake it out, stick it back on and continue mowing or whatever. Cheap, easy, and effective.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I posted on this a few weeks ago; I made mine with window screen (textile, not metal) repair mesh, green duck tape, and sign-magnet scraps from the local sign shop. I taped the mesh to the magnets, and put it in front of the grille with the magnet strips on the engine cover sides. Just pull it off, shake it out, stick it back on and continue mowing or whatever. Cheap, easy, and effective.
You have pictures?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts