Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was in the need for a replacement radiator for a M-6X4 J.D.Gator as the original one rotted out at the bottom, (aluminum) The Deere dealer could get a replacement, I found a place that could order an identical one the was brass N copper for $370.00 versus J.D. replacement at $1000.00. (not a type error) the folks at, D and B Heat Transfer were great and had a replacement identical to the one that came out in 2 days for the replacement cost of 370.00. a 60% savings plus. Here is the calling card. Thought I would post this for all interested or in need of a radiator replacement,

On another note, The J.D. Dealer stated that they could not get a replacement identical to original?

Even if folks had to ship it would be a savings over the GREEN DEALER$$$$$

Couldn't get the image to load, here is the immolation on D and B Heat Transfer, Grand Rapids Mi., they do have a website and all pertinent info on it.
WALTMART

Attachments

·
Registered
23,318 Posts
That’s good info.

There used to be a radiator shop in town - don’t know if it is still there or not - been 15 years or so since I was there. If they couldn’t fix it they could order you a new one.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Much like Coaltrain I'd of gone to a local truck (semi) repair place.
They had a guy that repaired/made radiators.
Unfortunately last time I was there I found out he retired and they have nobody with the knowledge or the desire to learn all the methods necessary.

Look for local radiator shops is always best solution.

Another example of the ridiculous JD pricing.:gizmo:

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
I will definitely call them. My x748 has leaked a little for almost 10 years. I never liked the plastic tank with aluminum core.

Reactions: JD4044M

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[SUB][/SUB]
I will definitely call them. My x748 has leaked a little for almost 10 years. I never liked the plastic tank with aluminum core.
I am very happy with the replacement for the Gator it is precisely the same, Fan and all mounted without any changes. I was very impressed with the shop and they ordered it without any down payment:bigthumb:. In 2 days it was at the shop and ready for pickup. J.D. home office stated there was no replacement of the same design and would need the plastic upper and lower tank model. (disposable) as far as I am concerned. The new on is Brass and Copper and completely rebuildable, QUITE AMAZED AT THAT IN IT'S SELF. The shop responded quickly and said they could rebuild the old one but new on was about 150.00 to 200.00 $ less expensive, I took the new one. Glad it helps:bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb:

WALTMART

1 - 6 of 6 Posts