Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about raising the high rpm limit on my 445. I have heard from other people that it was set incredibly low from the factory and really helps when its raised, even a little. Anyone know how to do it?

·
Administrator
17,265 Posts
No clue on "how" to do it, but I would suggest getting a digital tach first-they are VERY handy for all sorts of things, and prices are cheap enough now.

Nicety TC 802

·
Registered
430 Posts
Very good price if it works at all, I can think of lots of uses for this tach and a small roll of aluminum foil tape. Thanks KennyD.:good2:

·
Administrator
17,265 Posts
Very good price if it works at all, I can think of lots of uses for this tach and a small roll of aluminum foil tape. Thanks KennyD.:good2:
Mine works well. I have used it on my drill press, lathe and a snowblower I was fixing. It also comes with a decent supply of reflective tape.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Kenny,
I can use this to check blower rpm's on the furnaces I service to make sure they are within specs on speed. Used in combination with a current clamp and laser thermometer this will speed up performance diagnosis.

Lots of other uses I can think of too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Follow the throttle cable to the carb. Loosen bolt and pull toward throttle. Make shur you dont go over 3600 rpms. The tiny tac will be of great use for this. When you go over 3600 rpms you are starting to over rev the engine. Actualy you start to loose torq. Past about 3300 rpms. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Follow the throttle cable to the carb. Loosen bolt and pull toward throttle. Make shur you dont go over 3600 rpms. The tiny tac will be of great use for this. When you go over 3600 rpms you are starting to over rev the engine. Actualy you start to loose torq. Past about 3300 rpms. Good luck.
The 445 is fuel injected.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
I have thought for a long time that my 445 was low on rpms. I looked recently at the throttle linkage and I cannot see an adjustment. When the throttle lever was wide open, the lever at the end of the cable was at the stop. Is it adjusted somehow with the injector? I would be interested to know, if you find out how to adjust the speed. When I last had it to the dealer for hydrostatic oil leak repairs, I asked the mechanic to check it and he said it was OK. I doubt that he checked it at all. I wasn't happy that it took three weeks to complete a job that they told me would be done in one. Haven't gone back. I wouldn't try to set the speed without a tach either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As i said before follow the throttle cable to the engine. There has to be a place it goes to then adjust at that point in the engine. Should be pretty easy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i mowed today and looked at mine the front of the engine fartheset away from the drives seat you will see the cable loosen bolt pull away from the engine. dont forget to use a tac, do not go over 3600 rpms. good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts