Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I had better start a thread. As posted in another thread along with new work.

Last week my wife made a new garden where we had one years ago. She used the walk behind rototiller then removed the sod from the area. She used some scrap 2x6's to make raised beds and put down weed control fabric. I (yes me) had 10 tons of topsoil delivered this morning to use in the raise beds. Topsoil was about 100 yards from work area so she used the tractor with FEL to fill the boxes.
I didn't even get to supervise I was at work.

garden_1.jpg gardenbeds_1.jpg

Wife had some mulch delivered yesterday while I was at work.

Now isn't that special, 8 yards!

Multch.JPG

Done and a lot of mulch left over, :lol: Guess she will have some for her rock garden and...................................

Mulch Done_1.jpg

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Your wife does a MUCH neater job of that than I do! Nice job!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those new pistols I bought are beginning to get really expensive, don't ya know.:lol:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Looks great!
Sugarlips is wanting a raised garden next year...which totally p****s me off. I'm like...how am I going to till and stuff with my tractor? That is going to take a whole lot of fun out of having a garden. :flag_of_truce:

BTW....whats that puppy dogs name?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great!
Sugarlips is wanting a raised garden next year...which totally p****s me off. I'm like...how am I going to till and stuff with my tractor? That is going to take a whole lot of fun out of having a garden. :flag_of_truce:

That one is Zoey, miniature schnauzer.

Reactions: rgd

·
Registered
12,047 Posts
Looks great!

Buy her a new Jeep and tell her no raised garden bed.:laugh:

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Now those are great looking gardens, and I love the multi tier in the middle.....:good2:

On to puppy, good looking dog, I have 2 mini's. Tucker and Lacey, we just got her this fall..will post tractor/ dog shot later at the risk of hijacking the thread.....

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now those are great looking gardens, and I love the multi tier in the middle.....:good2:

On to puppy, good looking dog, I have 2 mini's. Tucker and Lacey, we just got her this fall..will post tractor/ dog shot later at the risk of hijacking the thread.....
It's impossible to hijack a thread I started.:lol:

Our Tucker & Gizmo
Tucker and Gizmo_1.jpg

I love this picture of Tucker.
Tucker.JPG

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
OK so how many dogs do you have? And the puppy picture of Tucker is so schnauzer attitude filled...fantastic

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,175 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great shot, all waiting for Giz to come home???

Here are mine helping me today..
Nope, They were watching the concrete floor going in for the garage.
Seems you like these dogs as much as I do and that's a lot.

Reactions: fdmars

·
Registered
194 Posts
nice job.....its great when you can look at a piece of equipment and appreciate the work it saved you! I need to get topsoil and mulch as well!!!! i had started a drainage ditch down in the woods and I was taking some of that topsoil and using it to help fill in the stump holes.....but i need to just buy 10 yards and get it delivered right up next to the house...save a lot of time...

i may do a garden NEXT year....way too much on the plate this year

bob

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nice job.....its great when you can look at a piece of equipment and appreciate the work it saved you! I need to get topsoil and mulch as well!!!! i had started a drainage ditch down in the woods and I was taking some of that topsoil and using it to help fill in the stump holes.....but i need to just buy 10 yards and get it delivered right up next to the house...save a lot of time...

i may do a garden NEXT year....way too much on the plate this year

bob
You never know what you will need or how much, at least I don't. I always figured the delivery cost was the same or close no matter how much I buy so I always go for the biggest truck.
Currently on hand, approximately....
6 yards of crusher run
3 yards of 3/4" store
3 yards of crap topsoil
5 yards of better crap topsoil
6 yards of red mulch
2 Yards of shot rock

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can anyone comment on this small shed? The good or the bad?
The cost of this garden keeps going up more and more. I won't live long enough get get enough vegetables from it.:lol:
Oh well Babycakes is having a good time, and needs a garden shed and...? and....?..... So far this Spring she has at least 4 times the seat time on the tractor than I do.

spin_prod_776790312.jpg

Sears.com

·
Registered
12,047 Posts
Can anyone comment on this small shed? The good or the bad?
The cost of this garden keeps going up more and more. I won't live long enough get get enough vegetables from it.:lol:
Oh well Babycakes is having a good time, and needs a garden shed and...? and....?..... So far this Spring she has at least 4 times the seat time on the tractor than I do.

View attachment 28339

Sears.com
Didn't she get a new vacuum cleaner a few months ago?

·
Administrator
20,852 Posts
Didn't she get a new vacuum cleaner a few months ago?
Gizmo would like to say he spoils Babycakes. But in reality I think he has to spoil her to keep her around!:lol: :drinks:

·
Registered
12,047 Posts
I hadn't considered that.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts