Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI
first time here. I have a new x570 . We recently cleared some forest off our property
and our left rock soil that has been graded. Is there a strong rake like implement that
can be attached to my tractor to clear the surface rocks off the ground so i can then plant
grass
thank you

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
HI
first time here. I have a new x570 . We recently cleared some forest off our property
and our left rock soil that has been graded. Is there a strong rake like implement that
can be attached to my tractor to clear the surface rocks off the ground so i can then plant
grass
thank you
You will need to get a sleeve hitch for the back of your tractor. You can get them in power and manual lift. I would recommend the power ones. JD makes a direct fit power one that operates from the hydraulic cylinder that lifts the mower deck. Johnny Bucket makes a universal mount that works off an electric actuator.
JD did make a manual one that uses a lever to work it. I'm not 100% sure it is still available.

After that you can attach all kinds of rear attachments. I'd probably look into.
Landscape rake
Box blade
Back blade that can angle

·
Registered
927 Posts
A harrow is a pretty good tool and easy to pull with a lawn tractor. Or you could go the super-cheap route and drag around a section of chain link fence. I have done that before with real good results. Neither will put the rocks in a pile, but it loosens them right up making it easy to rake them out.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,200 Posts
Landscape rake...with guide wheels?

·
Registered
12,531 Posts
What Levi said, and if you don't have a 3 point on your tractor you can get an ATV one that you just pull with your tractor.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Nothing will work well for your tractor For me what worked was a rottotiller / did one raw collect manual the stones in my bucket I have a york rake with wheels but it did not work for me:hi:I think the best tool would be a cart /trailer collect manual the stones and put them in cart Depends how is your soil you can buy topsoil and cover it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts