Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told by a couple people that my grandfathers John Deere is rare. However in my research I found they made that model for many years. I am also told what makes it rare is the configuration of the tractor with the double buckets.

Any additional information would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
740 Posts
The fact that it is a 1939 A isn't really rare. What's rare is the dual loaders. Do they both still work? A lot of the old tractor-specific implements like loaders and cultivators are hard to find simply because nobody thought they would be worth keeping. Time, weather, and the scrap man have taken most of them. The ones that are left tend to be missing parts.

Very cool! Thanks for sharing. I wish I knew more about them and could help you out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The loaders do work the last time I seen them run, which has been a couple years. The tractor does run also, tires are in little rough shape, weather cracked but hold air. Unfortunately we are looking to sell it to go towards expenses and my family is looking for a ball park idea on what to ask for it.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
i would hold on to it for a few years if you can. you might get more :gizmo: out of it with the dual loaders.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts