1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Regarding the poly edge in the second link, “will last up to 32 hours” HUH?:dunno: 32 hours of what? If it’s 32 hours of use/scraping-how do they know what surface, pressure, etc is being used? I’d go thru several a season if that’s the case, I hope it comes with several spares or the spares are cheap...

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,276 Posts
Seen them, never tried them.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Regarding the poly edge in the second link, “will last up to 32 hours” HUH?:dunno: 32 hours of what? If it’s 32 hours of use/scraping-how do they know what surface, pressure, etc is being used? I’d go thru several a season if that’s the case, I hope it comes with several spares or the spares are cheap...

For me, 32 hours would be several seasons. When I use the loader to clear my concrete area between my house and my garage, it's generally less than an hour of time to do it.

Not to mention, it's going on 3 years since I've had to use my loader to clear that area!! If we only get 1-4 inches, it's quicker and easier to just use my little Toro snow blower rather than to start the tractor, let it warm up, etc. (Yeah, I know it's heresy to not want seat time, but it is easier to just use the blower). Plus, I have to get the blower out anyway to do the sidewalks and my deck. If we get a lot of snow, I'll fire up the tractor.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I got one early this season, big waste of money. Used 3-4 times on 2-3 inches of snow and worn down almost 1/3 way. get edge tamers:good2:, much better and lasts alot longer!
So the 34 hours is a “maximum “ :banghead:

·
Registered
11 Posts
snowplow cutting edges are typically 1/2" hard steel plate., they last about 5,000 -6,000 miles with shoes, maybe 2,000- 3,000 without. For what is being done in the video a 1/4" x 4 mild steel plate should last two lifetimes for about $40.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts