Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,620 Posts
Wow... that is an odd one. It appears to be on the governor housing and is just a bolt with a cap on it. It doesn't even appear to hold anything on. Hopefully someone with a technical manual can give more details.

12......Cap1
13M801335Bolt1
14M810594Nut1

Attachments

Reactions: mbowen89 and PJR832

·
Registered
592 Posts
To stop the rattling, try a little silicone on it.

·
Premium Member
12,620 Posts
The way it is shaped it almost looks like it was designed to hold the end of a hose when disconnected. I'm very curious now to find out what its actual purpose it.

It looks like you could just remove it and throw it in the tool box. :)

·
Registered
23,002 Posts
The way it is shaped it almost looks like it was designed to hold the end of a hose when disconnected. I'm very curious now to find out what its actual purpose it.

It looks like you could just remove it and throw it in the tool box. :)
A test port perhaps for the fuel pump?

·
Premium Member
12,620 Posts
That is the mechanical adjustment for wide open throttle. Screw #13 is set and then the tamper proof "hat" is installed.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
Ahhhh... from the photo I couldn't really see the throttle lever coming up from underneath.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Premium Member
12,620 Posts
So my hat's loose! :good2:

Best method of making it not rattle? Remove it? Maybe I can pinch it a little bit to make it tighter?
I would think you could pinch it or better yet like a previous poster mentioned, put a little dab of silicon on the end. That way if an adjustment was ever required you could just peal the silicon off.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Premium Member
12,620 Posts
Get a pair of those work tunes ear muffs. Turn up volume until sound goes away! Lol

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
Reminds me of the guy who tells the joke about his Check Engine light coming on and annoying him and saying "Of course I then had to remove THAT bulb". :)

·
Premium Member
9,055 Posts
So my hat's loose! :good2:

Best method of making it not rattle? Remove it? Maybe I can pinch it a little bit to make it tighter?
1. Put some silicone on the top and on the "seam" on it and then if that doesn't stop it,

2. You could try a small worm style hose clamp around it. Since it's just a manual stop post, squeezing it with a small clamp won't hurt anything...plus it will make it appear to be "more important"....if that and the silicone don't do it, then go for the noise canceling earmuffs.

It's a manual rev limiter, in effect, so I wouldn't "tamper" with the tamper proof cap by removing it just in case you ever had an engine failure someone might question whether you had it cranked up to 4,000 RPMS and participating in Super Stock tractor pulls with it.........:laugh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts