Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought one of these and wanted your opinion on the optional skid shoe kit. Recommend or not?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just bought one of these and wanted your opinion on the optional skid shoe kit. Recommend or not?
If you have gravel and/or uneven surface I highly recommend the shoe kit. I just put a set on my RB2172 today then put them to use right away. What a difference. I use advice I found on here, I think by Gizmo, to allow the tilt to float. Now with the shoe kit I don't dig into my uneven gravel drive at all. :thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif:

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I was leaning that way and you both just convinced me. Got them on order.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Im sure they work but I never had any.. I just remove the tilt pin and let it float for snow removal and dragging rocks back on the drive from snow removal in the spring..

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
So letting the tilt float sounds like the trick to use.
U just have to make sure when you lift the blade that the blade lifts somewhat level.. If snow build up or blade just loose one end will tilt down and you can snag it on the ground.. Usually not a problem but just keep it in the back of your mind if you do the float trick.. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
U just have to make sure when you lift the blade that the blade lifts somewhat level.. If snow build up or blade just loose one end will tilt down and you can snag it on the ground.. Usually not a problem but just keep it in the back of your mind if you do the float trick.. :thumbup1gif:
Great point and I will stash that in the back of my head. I have room...

·
Registered
148 Posts
more blade photos!

2013-11-26 17.52.41e.jpg

Reactions: Skyboss1952
1 - 12 of 12 Posts