Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a 1026/1025 handle an RB1060 back blade ok? Not the L version. I see RB1060 weighs 260lbs, which is 100lbs more than the RB1060L. It has tilt and is generally beefier. I can get a good deal on a readily available RB1060. It will be used for my gravel driveway and some minor garden bed grading. It's well within the 3pt hitch weight limits. Maybe it will hang a little lower when raised up? My inclination is it will be fine. Any experience with this blade on a 1025 or 1026?

·
Administrator
17,497 Posts
No personal experience, but your machine should handle that with ease.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have used both the RB1060 and RB1072 on my 1026R. They are fine but you will find it a bit tight in terms of lift height when traveling on rough ground. It isn't an issue in use though since you'll usually be on smoothish ground usually before you start using it. Definitely mount your 3pt arms in the higher lift height orientation vs the heavy lifting one. You might find that if you have to traverse something that catches 3pt things you want to tighten up the top-link as much as possible too.

I switched to the 72" because I only use it for snow and the extra reach has been nice. The 60" worked fine for ditching (tilt is nice there) and dirt work, and the weight wasn't an issue.

Enjoy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts