Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2025R. I got a RC2048 brush mower for it by Frontier. It only lifts about 10" off the ground. It has another set of holes below the lower pins about 2". Would it work to use those for more hight. I am new to 3 point stuff. My old grey market had a tiller it came with that was not 3 point. I don't want to mess anything up.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: JD4044M

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a photo that shows the holes.

·
Premium Member
13,672 Posts
Yup, set the pins to the lower setting, that's made for more lift height when needed. If your dealer set that up they should have done that for you knowing what tractor you bought.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was already set up when I bought it. But I took the tractor there so they could install the 3 point hitch. It came with a backhoe so the hitch was in a box. But they put it on the tractor for me.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But thanks for answering my question.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Using lower holes on 1023e

Does this apply to my 1023e also? If I ever use the thing, it seems I’d like it to mow just about that much higher. Would that be the point here, or is it a matter of keeping it up higher during transport to avoid getting hung up?
Didn’t really get a chance to play with it much last year when we bought it. Fire season ramped up to full closure about two weeks later, so no mowing (or scalping!) in the areas that were mostly dry. Mowing season started so early this year that it never got high enough to need to use the DR mower first, and so we just use keep using her 22 year old LX 188 to mow pretty much everything that’s suitable. I’d like to try the RC2048 on my cover crop experiment next year, but need more advice on doing it right.

Reactions: JD4044M

·
Premium Member
13,672 Posts
Does this apply to my 1023e also? If I ever use the thing, it seems I’d like it to mow just about that much higher. Would that be the point here, or is it a matter of keeping it up higher during transport to avoid getting hung up?
Short answer is yes, it applies to any "limited" Cat1 tractor.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Short answer is yes, it applies to any "limited" Cat1 tractor.
Thank you! I stepped out to refresh my understanding of the “limited” portion of the Cat 1 hitch, and guess where I landed? Right here, if course! Got it now! This place is fantastic!

Reactions: kylew and PJR832
1 - 8 of 8 Posts