Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Soon to a field near you

The companies are working hard to bring the self operating farm equipment to a field near you. It's obviously possible right now, I'm just not sure how comfortable I would be plunking down a half million into a machine and watch it drive off by itself. I'm also not sure how comfortable I would be if my house was next to that machine but then accidents happen with people.

Cool video. Those are some very detailed models and some good operators as well.

Treefarmer

·
Premium Member
14,098 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Oldest grandson has a RC racing pickup truck. The other evening while we were waiting for his mother to come home, he came outside and was driving it around in the dark. He had taped 3 LED flashlights together and had them taped to the hood of the truck.:laugh:. They didn't do to bad lighting up the area in front of his truck.
Think he told me his its top speed was near 30mph.

I guessing he has seen this video , if not will show him tomorrow when he comes over to spend the night.:bigthumb:

:munch:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Oldest grandson has a RC racing pickup truck. The other evening while we were waiting for his mother to come home, he came outside and was driving it around in the dark. He had taped 3 LED flashlights together and had them taped to the hood of the truck.:laugh:. They didn't do to bad lighting up the area in front of his truck.
Think he told me his its top speed was near 30mph.

I guessing he has seen this video , if not will show him tomorrow when he comes over to spend the night.:bigthumb:

:munch:
SON has some 1/8th scale 4wd racing buggies, gas, or more correctly Nitro powered that will top out around 50 mph in racing trim, with proper gearing over 60 mph. Pavement cars can exceed 100 mph. It actually turns out that electric cars/trucks are faster than the gas/nitro counterparts. The battery & motor technology has come SO FAR in the last 10-15 years. When Son first started racing electric 1/12th scale pan car and 1/10th scale touring car an SCRC 1700 was a good battery. It would last 3-3&1/2 minutes of racing in a 4-5 minute race. Today's LIPO cells run 10-12 minutes in 5 to 8 minute races!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,196 Posts
I see they even commandeered 56Ford's roller. :laugh: I've seen these videos before. It's amazing how detailed they make them. I have a Clod Buster that my wife bought me back in the '80's for Christmas. Still works. 100_0735.jpg That's it sitting on top on the safe.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,408 Posts
Totally cool hobby them guys have!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts