Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a reply back to my comment on the video about whether this system is real or not. It’s the real deal and is made by a Finnish company. Very impressive!

Home / Sleipner

RC truck excavator transport! THE OTHER WAY! (<8-minutes)
https://youtu.be/tVx5pbGScZk

I have no idea if this method is used for real in Europe or if the modeler just came up with a clever idea and built it.

From what little information I can find on these RC trucks and construction equipment; the hydraulics are real and run around 175 PSI.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My son and I used to race RC offroad trucks and also on road cars. The amount of realism in them is incredible. They have all the adjustments as real cars and you can really tune them for racing. I think this construction equipment stuff is really cool. Wish I had time to get into it.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Looks expensive! Just like the real thing. lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
That stuff is pretty amazing. The scale RC equipment is very real and yes pricey. I think last time I looked a nice metal hobby grade excavator like that one it was north of $3K. They run hydro pumps, multiple motors for the tracks, controllable lighting, sound, etc.

·
Premium Member
7,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was just mesmerized by this. I never realized that there was RC equipment like this.

This might be a heck of a hobby for someone like me.......
I would like to get my hands on some of the large tires for a static model I'd love to build; but I haven't had much luck finding stuff in the USA. This garden scale RC truck and construction equipment seems to be a German phenomenon From what little I've found online the bigger toys start around $4,000 and goes up from there.

However, Tamiya does have 1:14.5 scale (bizarre scale) trucks in the $500 range. I've seen stuff on this guy's channel from 1:8 (1-1/2" = 12") to HO (1:87); but 1:32 (3/8" = 12") seems to be the smallest that regularly shows up.

Some of the RC cranes that show up on the channel are downright amazing.

Looks expensive! Just like the real thing. lol
It is. :laugh:

I was also blown away by the real deal excavator transporters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts