Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My RC2048 has a slip clutch with a large rubber shield on it. I've always found it pretty frustrating to grease the PTO shaft with that darn cover in the way. I was to the point of completely removing the cover. The cover has flaps that pivot out of the way but really don't provide enough room to get the end of the grease gun in there. It isn't perfect, but I cut out just enough of the cover to cut my frustrations down to zero. Have to pull the PTO off the tractor to make the angles work but it's 110% better for me than before and I'm confident it's taking the grease.

Premium Member
Looks like a good solution to the problem. 馃憤

Reactions: GreenBlood

Registered
I was thinking of doing that until a branch jumped up and somehow wedged itself back along there and tore it all up. Double check the bolt that holds the slip clutch on. I think my but came off and the bolt fell out and there I was with the pto running and the slip clutch resting on the top of the deck. I have a 2060 and was using my 2520 at the time cutting a thick patch of volunteer trees. I don鈥檛 think I sheared it but never did find the bolt either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts