Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is an RC2060 worth new. I found a guy selling a never used one on craigslist. He must have bought a tractor package and never used it. He has it listed at 1500

·
Premium Member
13,673 Posts
Just make sure the mower isn't collateral in his tractor purchase deal. If he bought the tractor in the last 8 years, I would need proof that there isn't a loan against the mower. Take a picture of the full serial number on the mower and check with Deere to make sure its not part of a collateral agreement for the financing.

If it is, the loan has to be paid off in full as Deere won't carve out "pieces of collateral" to permit buyers to sell the items before the loan is paid off.

Also, if the mower has a slip clutch and hasn't been used, the slip clutch is going to have to be taken apart and cleaned and reassembled. Those mower are also famous for allowing moisture in the gear box vent. I would hook up the mower, check the gear box oil level, run the mower for 5 minutes or less and check the gear box oil again. If its milky, there is water in the gear box oil and it needs to be drained, dried and new gear box fluid installed.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
A small pump is a great way to get the gear oil out of a gearbox that either doesn’t have a drain plug or it’s inaccessible. Something like a pump from a big soap dispenser or one designed for an outboard lower unit gear oil change like this one-

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Sulley! It is shed kept. I didn't even think about the financing.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I got it, looking forward to using it. Felt bad running my belly mower down my trails.

Reactions: rtgt

·
Registered
23 Posts
I paid $1,500 out the door last spring for a lightly used repoed Rc2060 last spring. Go over it completely. Mine had never been greased, either by the dealer or the previous owner. I checked the gear oil,and had to take the cover off over the slip clutch to get to the grease fitting on the u-joint at that end of the drive shaft. The cover was assembled wrong.
Bill

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got him down to $1300, so I feel like it was a good deal. I checked it over, and could see the oil was clear. I did run it for about 15 minutes, runs good. I immediately bent the shield on the back. It was the bolted on shield. I removed it. I don't know what the purpose of the back metal shield is (assume to stop debris from flying out). The back shield went down to the bottom of the deck, so would really make it difficult to back into brush.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine has chains front and rear which significantly reduce the amount of material that is thrown. Doesn't eliminate it, but does reduce it.
Bill

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I used it on my trails, and I really like it.

This is my first rear PTO powered implemented. I could see how a few more PTO horsepower would be beneficial but overall thought my tractor handled it well. Now I will not be inclined to abuse my mid mount mower.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Ya stole that mower.

Does it have the rear chian package and all the pimp goodness?
Either way...China S is now well over 2k and touching 3k on slightly bigger units.

·
Registered
2013 John Deere 3520
288 Posts
Sounds like you got a good deal.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No chains, front or rear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts