Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a buddy dropped this off and said have fun.

So where do I start?

I guess get all the gas out?
I saw a couple people that filled it up with water to ensure it was clean and then filled it when welding.

Any suggestions on end spindles that I can fab an axle to for spinning?

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I say pig cooker. But other than that I'm no good for help with the lawn roller idea.:lol:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,200 Posts
I think I'd start with target practice. Lay it down out of the way, get far enough away from it, get your most accurate rifle, shoot into it from end to end. Should get rid of the gas. :unknown:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would I expect anything less from you jokesters. LOL

Thanks for the link and the bolt on flange. Those will get me started.

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts
Have you looked at the thread Stan linked earlier? There are other threads here too you can search for that’ll give you some ideas.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Drill out a 3/8" steel plate to matching the Flange Mount Bearing for bolts and big enough to weld to the flat Brackets welded to the tank now. You can tack weld them to the plate on the back. Then weld this plate to the tank. If I did not have a welder I would drill the tank to match the pattern and tap the holes for 1/2" bolts. Problem with this is distorting the bearing flange maybe breaking it unless it is supported under the flange where the bolt goes thru. They need a flat surface to bolt on to. Can't reach inside unless you want to cut hand holes and cover plate's over them. Then harder to seal for the water making it heavier to roll with. Let the Gas escape remove the fill valve from the tank. Then fill it with water to the top and dump it out to weld the ends onto the tank. Then all gas will be gone from the tank. Fuel tanks are different they have residue that can stay on the tank to go to flash point welding on the outside. That you do not want to do, all the fuel residue has to be removed using approved cleaners first. Propane is just a gas once the pressure is off it and let it out and flush the tank. Can be done sever ways. I like the water method cause I can see that it is empty with my eyes! Then make a handle for it that hooks to the ends with Cold Rolled Steel Rod to fit the hole in the bearing. Easy job couple hours work when you have all the parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts