Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RE: 1026R 3 Point Hitch Dropping

Well, it looks like I'm one of the lucky few who's experienced the 3 point hitch dropping. With my ballast box connected, it takes less than 1 minute (50 seconds) to drop completely while running. Of course, everything was fine then all of a sudden, the box started dragging on the ground.

I researched the Sticky on the "1026R 3 Point Hitch Dropping" and it sounds like tightening that " #28 Nut" will do the trick. After looking at my 1023E, I could not find where is my #28 Nut from the diagram that was posted on that thread. Could someone please tell me (or show me in a picture) where that nut is??

Thanks!! :airplane::dunno::knownothing:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Es don't have position control like the Rs. I believe your problem is a bit different

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it looks like I'm one of the lucky few who's experienced the 3 point hitch dropping. With my ballast box connected, it takes less than 1 minute (50 seconds) to drop completely while running. Of course, everything was fine then all of a sudden, the box started dragging on the ground.

I researched the Sticky on the "1026R 3 Point Hitch Dropping" and it sounds like tightening that " #28 Nut" will do the trick. After looking at my 1023E, I could not find where is my #28 Nut from the diagram that was posted on that thread. Could someone please tell me (or show me in a picture) where that nut is??

Thanks!! :airplane::dunno::knownothing:
One important piece of the puzzle that I failed to mention was that the lever for the 3 point hitch did not move like as in the thread--mine stayed in the neutral position and the hitch just lowered on its own. Would this be a bigger problem than just tightening the #28 nut, such as a call to the dealer?

Thanks!!

Reactions: cser05

·
Registered
498 Posts
One important piece of the puzzle that I failed to mention was that the lever for the 3 point hitch did not move like as in the thread--mine stayed in the neutral position and the hitch just lowered on its own. Would this be a bigger problem than just tightening the #28 nut, such as a call to the dealer?

Thanks!!
Tightening the nut on an R stiffens up the control so the lever doesn't move thus moving the hitch to a new position. I believe your problem is hydraulic leakdown.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tightening the nut on an R stiffens up the control so the lever doesn't move thus moving the hitch to a new position. I believe your problem is hydraulic leakdown.
So I take it that it involves a call to the dealer? (Hopefully the warranty will cover it)

John :unknown:

·
Registered
498 Posts
So I take it that it involves a call to the dealer? (Hopefully the warranty will cover it)

John :unknown:
I'm not sure what the leakage specifications are for a 1 series three point. Your dealer should help you out there yes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts