Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday I put the Edge Tamers and the Land Pride 84" rear blade on. Been very cold here and the weather guesser said we would be getting snow Saturday night into Sunday morning. We only got about 1"-1 1/2 inches. Still gave me a chance to try out the RB with the shoes on it. What a difference verses using a RB without shoes. Set the shoes so the blade was a little over a half inch off the ground. All I had to do was drop the blade and go. No adjusting to try to keep the gravel where it belongs. Never did use the FEL and Edge Tamers.

Attachments

·
Registered
764 Posts
Saturday I put the Edge Tamers and the Land Pride 84" rear blade on. Been very cold here and the weather guesser said we would be getting snow Saturday night into Sunday morning. We only got about 1"-1 1/2 inches. Still gave me a chance to try out the RB with the shoes on it. What a difference verses using a RB without shoes. Set the shoes so the blade was a little over a half inch off the ground. All I had to do was drop the blade and go. No adjusting to try to keep the gravel where it belongs. Never did use the FEL and Edge Tamers.
I will be interested in hearing how the Edge Tamers work, since I'll be doing our snow work with the bucket for now. I have a 7' blade, but its at the property "down south." Since I never use it there, one of these days I need to bring it home, but that's another story.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will be interested in hearing how the Edge Tamers work, since I'll be doing our snow work with the bucket for now. I have a 7' blade, but its at the property "down south." Since I never use it there, one of these days I need to bring it home, but that's another story.
I used the edge Tamers the last two years when I had the 1025r and a frontier RB2060l. They worked great on gravel. I used the rear blade for the concrete. With the edge Tamers I would set the bucket in the level position or as close as possible and use the float position on the FEL in light powdery snow. For wet heavy snow I would tilt the bucket slightly forward and use a little down pressure on the FEL. Otherwise the FEL wanted to ride up over the wet snow.

·
Registered
764 Posts
In case anyone is interested here is my review of sorts of the Edge Tamers -

Edge Tamers Review
Thanks. I just placed an order for two 4" Edge Tamers with the extensions. We don't get a lot of snow here in NW Missouri (20" average per year), but I can also see myself using these for other duties on the homestead.

R2 Manufacturing ORDER #2798
Thank you for your purchase!

Hi ___, we are running a 3 week backorder. As we get ready to ship, we will notify you via email.
View your order or Visit our store

Order summary
Edge Extender × 2 $30.00
Edge Tamer × 2 4" Wide $110.00
Discount (TTWT) $-7.00
Subtotal $133.00
Shipping $18.00

·
Registered
23,092 Posts
Thanks. I just placed an order for two 4" Edge Tamers with the extensions. We don't get a lot of snow here in NW Missouri (20" average per year), but I can also see myself using these for other duties on the homestead.

R2 Manufacturing ORDER #2798
Thank you for your purchase!

Hi ___, we are running a 3 week backorder. As we get ready to ship, we will notify you via email.
View your order or Visit our store

Order summary
Edge Extender × 2 $30.00
Edge Tamer × 2 4" Wide $110.00
Discount (TTWT) $-7.00
Subtotal $133.00
Shipping $18.00
Great! One of our members said he used them for leaves - could just travel along with the bucket and push leaves. I thought this was great idea as I have no equipment for that.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I like the rear blade with the shoes.:good2:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts