Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're supposed to be getting 2-4" of snow tonight and tomorrow in Virginia. What I've learned over the years is that really means a dusting to 8+ inches.

So today I put the Edge tamers on for the first time on the 61" bucket. This literally took less than a couple of minutes. I might have to go try them out on some leaves, . Better picture of Kenny's Bolt on Hooks also.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,157 Posts
How much snow do the plow tamers leave under the bucket when you are using them for snow removal? If you do get enough snow to use them, would you kindly post a picture or three of what it looks like when using them for snow removal and the surface after clearing snow, etc.?

Our snow forecast was originally for our snow to start TODAY and then increase tonight and by Saturday night, we were supposed to have 4" to 10" of snow from Lake Effect. Well, yesterday morning, I awoke to 2" to 3" of snow and the snow wasn't even supposed to begin until TODAY. I had been using my tractor for other projects and was delaying putting the plow on and still had the FEL on, so I had to scramble and drop the FEL and mount up the Quick Attach and front blade......which only takes maybe 10 minutes. But still........

It made me think of the Edge tamers as a "back up" plan in case I needed to use the loader for snow removal in a hurry or if I have an equipment issue with the plow. My bucket has the Piranha edge on it, which I wonder if the Edge tamers will work with that bucket edge on it? Perhaps someone will have experience with that issue.

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
23,057 Posts
How much snow do the plow tamers leave under the bucket when you are using them for snow removal? If you do get enough snow to use them, would you kindly post a picture or three of what it looks like when using them for snow removal and the surface after clearing snow, etc.?

Our snow forecast was originally for our snow to start TODAY and then increase tonight and by Saturday night, we were supposed to have 4" to 10" of snow from Lake Effect. Well, yesterday morning, I awoke to 2" to 3" of snow and the snow wasn't even supposed to begin until TODAY. I had been using my tractor for other projects and was delaying putting the plow on and still had the FEL on, so I had to scramble and drop the FEL and mount up the Quick Attach and front blade......which only takes maybe 10 minutes. But still........

It made me think of the Edge tamers as a "back up" plan in case I needed to use the loader for snow removal in a hurry or if I have an equipment issue with the plow. My bucket has the Piranha edge on it, which I wonder if the Edge tamers will work with that bucket edge on it? Perhaps someone will have experience with that issue.

Thank you very much!
Here’s my review from a while back -

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/r2-manufacturing/90722-edge-tamers-review.html

·
Premium Member
12,748 Posts
That is my plan as well. I use my Edge Tamers with the Edge Extender during the summer months for carrying long things and debris removal. But even though I have a front snow blower there are times when we get some snow prior to me preparing the tractor for winter or a freak late snow after I've removed the blower and remounted the loader. In these cases I would simply throw the Edge Tamers on and be good to go. Likewise if the blower ever decided to blow up in the middle of winter.

I've used them for the final cleanup of a load of stones which I had delivered in the driveway. They allowed me to scoop up the remains without digging into the existing gravel.

I've never measured the height of them but I suspect they will leave an inch or so of snow.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sure will!

Thank you very much!
I'll definitely post some pictures. I'm so excited not to have to get the wife to use the snow blower as I can't walk.

·
Administrator
20,881 Posts
I know another member had hand controls installed on their 1 series tractor, can't find the thread..... It was all custom of course. Is that something you've looked into?

·
Registered
23,057 Posts
That is my plan as well. I use my Edge Tamers with the Edge Extender during the summer months for carrying long things and debris removal. But even though I have a front snow blower there are times when we get some snow prior to me preparing the tractor for winter or a freak late snow after I've removed the blower and remounted the loader. In these cases I would simply throw the Edge Tamers on and be good to go. Likewise if the blower ever decided to blow up in the middle of winter.

I've used them for the final cleanup of a load of stones which I had delivered in the driveway. They allowed me to scoop up the remains without digging into the existing gravel.

I've never measured the height of them but I suspect they will leave an inch or so of snow.
They leave no where near an inch of snow.

F2C0827B-D894-45A0-B225-47EA73876B5F.jpeg

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know another member had hand controls installed on their 1 series tractor, can't find the thread..... It was all custom of course. Is that something you've looked into?
I can run the pedals. I can walk about 50' at a time with assistance. With my illness it's progressive, so I'll probably need hand controls one day.

·
Administrator
20,881 Posts
I can run the pedals. I can walk about 50' at a time with assistance. With my illness it's progressive, so I'll probably need hand controls one day.
I wish that wasn't the case, but I really admire your spirit. Your posts are always upbeat. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wish that wasn't the case, but I really admire your spirit. Your posts are always upbeat. 1gif:
Thank you! I'm not giving up! We just have to work smarter.

·
Corndog Hater
11,777 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,157 Posts
Thank you! I'm not giving up! We just have to work smarter.

As I like to say when illness affects my daily activity is "All we can do, is all we can do and all we can do will have to be enough".....till tomorrow and then we can give it another try. Attitude has a HUGE impact on overall health. Chronic illness really wears on the attitude at times, but we simply can not allow "Stinkin Thinkin" to control our lives.......

My father was chronically negative. He would be the type to scream and holler and complain if he won a lottery jackpot because "Now I have to drive all the way to the state capital to collect the **** money and pay ******* taxes on it." I swear, the man could find fault and complain about a sunrise so I decided LONG AGO, he was the role model I would NEVER emulate..........

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As I like to say when illness affects my daily activity is "All we can do, is all we can do and all we can do will have to be enough".....till tomorrow and then we can give it another try. Attitude has a HUGE impact on overall health. Chronic illness really wears on the attitude at times, but we simply can not allow "Stinkin Thinkin" to control our lives.......

My father was chronically negative. He would be the type to scream and holler and complain if he won a lottery jackpot because "Now I have to drive all the way to the state capital to collect the **** money and pay ******* taxes on it." I swear, the man could find fault and complain about a sunrise so I decided LONG AGO, he was the role model I would NEVER emulate..........
We might have had the same Dad. If I do opposite of what he did, I'll be just fine. I feel the same if I'm on the couch or out doing something I enjoy, so I might as well keep doing what I love. You're right about stinking thinking, it's no good. I have an attitude of Gratitude, I'm grateful for what I have and I'm really grateful for what I don't have.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Well I put the snowblower on two weeks ago and the sander and not a minute to soon.. supposed to receive 6" of snow tomorrow, it looks like we will get it any moment! Here are a couple pics of my prep for the blower;
View attachment 504210 View attachment 504218 View attachment 504226 View attachment 504234
two post auto lift helps big time to adjust and lube the chain, turn the wear edge around, and basically do a complete cleaning before installing. As you can see I have all the necessary "tools" at my disposal for this endeavor!
Had to order new wear shoes. Got three years out of them and now worn down pretty good to the point there is no more adjustment. Green Farm parts were 61 bucks a piece and it took all of four days to receive.. Now I'm ready to go for the season!
I hate the snow and cold but I'm ready for it! Jeff
I'll have to get a pic of the tractor up on the lift too. Bought 4 frame holder supports for the lift and all I have to do it use a car jack lift the tractor one end at a time and move the arms into place under the tires and up she goes, makes work so handy.. I also use a strap over two tires so nothing can happen like it falls off!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[QUOTE=SulleyBear

Sulley, we got about a inch of snow and none on the driveway. So I can't tell you how the Edge Tamers worked. From the various reviews and videos, I won't be disappointed. Have fun and be safe!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts