Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the 445 all set for the 23d season. It is on its second seat, second set of front tires, second camshaft, and second fenderdeck (don't ask on this one; my wife will be embarrassed). It now has 1926 hours. The spots on the sidewalk are water. I washed it just before I took the picture.

445 1.JPG

445 2.JPG

Premium Member
Looking good.

Premium Member
Looks pretty good.

I had a 425 18 or 19 yrs ago, SIL father (Harley) had bought a 445 the year before I bought mine. I walk past the 445 every week when I go over to his place to mow. It has a Curtis cab on it now , has chains on his R1 tires and front snow blade and thinking 825-850 hrs. I've serviced it for the past 8 yrs and one time plowed a 24" snow. He bought a 48" MMM deck looks brand new, ( guessing he mowed using it 5 yrs maybe more) . plus a front broom that hasn't been used for at least 10 yrs. Both the broom and deck had been cleaned, painted before putting them away and kept in a headed garage.

Premium Member
Congrats on 23 seasons!!!!! Looks great. :good2:

I was on season 28 when my JD 285 was stolen :nunu: a year ago.

It also had new front tires, new cam, needed a new seat, deck spindles rebuilt twice, more belts and blades then I can remember.

It was semi retired in 2016 when I bought the used x485. Still used weekly during mowing season.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts