Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Southern Middle Tennessee. I’ve bought 5 acres with 5 barns and a really old house. The house was not saveable, and 2 of the barns weren’t either. As of today the house is in a hole and one of the barns is down, wood de-nailed and stored in the dry.
I bought a 3025E in December after we bought the property and the tractor now has about 130 hrs on it. I also bought the loader, pallet forks, bush hog, box scraper, auger, receiver hitch, 18’ trailer and most recently I converted the 3 point over to the quick attach set-up and 2 weeks ago I bought a JD 5’ rototiller.
Yesterday while moving some posts from the demo’d barn to storage, I almost turned the tractor over. Luckily while heading off the tractor I was able to grab the lever that controls the pallet forks and get all 4 tires back on the ground. Yes, I did have the roll bar (UP)!
The JD and all the implements have worked great. Looking forward to learning from everyone here and hopefully being able to contribute.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,642 Posts
:wgtt:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Welcome and now you are member of the I almost rolled my tractor club . . . there are many members of that club here

:cheers:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Before you call yourself real old :mocking: there are a lot of us to lay claim to that title . . . I turned 70 last month and still work 60 hours a week at my job and renovating a 1850 house on 1.5 acres in need of major landscape work . . . wish I had a couple of your barns :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
:wgtt:from the Mitten.

·
Premium Member
7,522 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky.

How old you are doesn't matter. How old you feel is a different thing.

Looking forward to some pictures.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Hello from Southern Middle Tennessee. I’ve bought 5 acres with 5 barns and a really old house. The house was not saveable, and 2 of the barns weren’t either. As of today the house is in a hole and one of the barns is down, wood de-nailed and stored in the dry.
I bought a 3025E in December after we bought the property and the tractor now has about 130 hrs on it. I also bought the loader, pallet forks, bush hog, box scraper, auger, receiver hitch, 18’ trailer and most recently I converted the 3 point over to the quick attach set-up and 2 weeks ago I bought a JD 5’ rototiller.
Yesterday while moving some posts from the demo’d barn to storage, I almost turned the tractor over. Luckily while heading off the tractor I was able to grab the lever that controls the pallet forks and get all 4 tires back on the ground. Yes, I did have the roll bar (UP)!
The JD and all the implements have worked great. Looking forward to learning from everyone here and hopefully being able to contribute.
Welcome to GTT. There are a lot of old geezers running around on this forum. With that said, we tend to have bad eyes. so pictures of your tear downs are a must on this site, since we all need glasses to read. So just as well learn how to post pictures.:laugh:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Welcome from South Central Ohio. There are many recent and relevant threads on GTT about ballast. It looks like you already own a couple of implements such as your bush hog that would act as ballast, if attached to your machine.

Removing your bum from the seat also helped de-ballast your machine, The fact that you had the presence of mind (and time) to lower your forks and get your wheels back on firm ground may have prevented a Green disaster.

Personally, I would ballast the machine with your bush hog or tiller before you use the loader again. I would also ensure that the load is removed and the forks are low before you dismount.

We look forward to hearing more about your progress as you rehab the property; We also look forward to learning more about your evolving tractor experience

Brian

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,447 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Premium Member
13,934 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Administrator
20,280 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
"While heading off the tractor" is the statement that concerns me. Why were you heading off tractor if it was potentially in the process of turning over. :confused: Were you wearing your seatbelt? The golden rule of thumb is: Rops up/seatbelt on - Rops down/seatbelt off. :danger:

No matter what, glad it worked out and you didn't get hurt. :thumbup1gif:

Welcome from central Ohio and congratulations :wgtt:

·
Registered
11,212 Posts
Welcome from northeastern Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Welcome from New York!

·
Registered
12,216 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome from South Central Ohio. There are many recent and relevant threads on GTT about ballast. It looks like you already own a couple of implements such as your bush hog that would act as ballast, if attached to your machine.

Removing your bum from the seat also helped de-ballast your machine, The fact that you had the presence of mind (and time) to lower your forks and get your wheels back on firm ground may have prevented a Green disaster.

Personally, I would ballast the machine with your bush hog or tiller before you use the loader again. I would also ensure that the load is removed and the forks are low before you dismount.

We look forward to hearing more about your progress as you rehab the property; We also look forward to learning more about your evolving tractor experience

Brian
Always happy to share pictures of the demo/rehab. Now to figure that out. :unknown:

·
Premium Member
7,522 Posts

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
:wgtt:from MN

1 - 19 of 19 Posts