Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
well been in Florida now back to WV and the cold weather, I am going to buy a rear tiller for my JD 955 this year just wondering what size and brand you guys recommend and is there anything I need to be aware of, I am looking at a 5ft at tractor supply. Thanks in advance

:greentractorride:

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
I always suggest to anyone buying brand name, off brand,dealer,or non dealer make sure you can get parts today,next month,5 years ect.

Reactions: rohrski

·
Registered
12,653 Posts
ah-another fella on the hunt-ha! just got my new tiller, a King Kutter 5ft jd green paint one, at Rural King. tractor unloading tiller.jpg IMG_2565.jpg rural king is having a sale this week-12% off about everything. check it out-but don't wait too long.

·
Corndog Hater
11,794 Posts
I'd follow Big Jim's advice and go with the KingKutter. It's a rugged, built like a tank tiller that is a great value for homeowner use. Heck, Newt even uses his commercially with great success

·
Registered
523 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Like the other replies, I really don't see any reason to spend a dollar more than what a King Kutter costs.

As I've said before, I've not heard ANYONE on this forum show any disappointment with their tiller, regardless of brand. With that in mind, why spend more than necessary?

Tim

·
Premium Member
15,071 Posts
Hello all,
well been in Florida now back to WV and the cold weather, I am going to buy a rear tiller for my JD 955 this year just wondering what size and brand you guys recommend and is there anything I need to be aware of, I am looking at a 5ft at tractor supply. Thanks in advance

:greentractorride:
Don't forget Rural King is on 119 going toward Connellsville Pa , just before Fayette County Fair Grounds. about 6-10 miles past Uniontown.

·
Registered
12,653 Posts
second pic -nice tiller nice tractor and very very cute dog:good2::good2:
thank you-his name is charley boy, and he is just 2yrs old-back on march 27. got him in THAYER, ARK. right next to the Mo. line. found him on u-tube . it was 980 miles one way to get him, the couple raise several different breeds there. charley boy is a miniature retriever, his daddy was a full blooded cocky-spaniel, and his mommy was a full blooded English retriever. we had a yellow lab before for almost 10yrs till she got cancer and passed away.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,965 Posts
thank you-his name is charley boy, and he is just 2yrs old-back on march 27. got him in THAYER, ARK. right next to the Mo. line. found him on u-tube . it was 980 miles one way to get him, the couple raise several different breeds there. charley boy is a miniature retriever, his daddy was a full blooded cocky-spaniel, and his mommy was a full blooded English retriever. we had a yellow lab before for almost 10yrs till she got cancer and passed away.
Nice piece of iron there Big Jim, nice pic of Charlie Boy too.:good2:
Some big old fella up on your tractor too, wouldn't mess with him, he looks tough!:lol:

Reactions: rohrski and Jeff B
1 - 11 of 11 Posts