Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was putting the rear scraper blade on the iMatch. I had the iMatch lower on one side so the scraper blade would be tilted.

The blade wasn't seated in the iMatch, so I shook it to get it seated. I thought I was clear of the blade when I shook it. Key word is "thought". The blade fell off of the iMatch and landed across the top of my foot. I ended up breaking 3 bones on the top of my foot, it didn't touch my toes. I even had steel toe boots on.

I've always wanted one of Kenny's top hooks for the iMatch. I ordered one the very next day. As always, its arrived on time and packed very well. I'll put it on when my foot heels.

Accidents happen even when we think we're being careful.

·
Super Moderator
2,580 Posts
I hate to 'like' your post. Ouch! Hope you're okay.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I "try" to do everYthing from the seat. If not.. have a phone handy/911

Theres times you can't.

My tractor creeps....I have a fear of getting trapped and just today hooking up my Jake rake...Its a weird thing..sort of an arena groomer with teeth & claws made locally.....I almost got bit.

If you gotta run 3 pt ..OFF the tractor....Be on the RIGHT ( my bad) side. Don't reach accross:banghead:
Slow and steady always/usually wins.

These toys can definatly hurt you....Be safe my freinds.

·
Premium Member
13,807 Posts
Had the same exact thing, doing the same exact thing, happen with my disc harrows one day. Minus the landing on the foot part thank God, so I know just what you were thinking and just what happened. My incident was also pre-Kenny's iMATCH hook, never had a problem since.
Hope you heal quickly and all turns out okay. :thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
18,467 Posts
Wow this sounds like a new marketing plan for us...

"Buy our new extended iMatch hook and save your feet from broken bones and expensive doctor bills" :mocking:

Sorry to hear of the misfortune Mr. Catfishin, I sure hope the new hook solves the issue of you blade fitting the iMatch.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Sorry about the accident

Sorry about the foot but I'm glad you still have all the pieces attached. Thanks for posting a good reminder for us all to keep clear of things that can fall and hurt you.

I'm glad it wasn't worse and hope you heal quickly.

Treefarmer

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Blade fell

I hate new equipment till I get the paint worn off. Everything fits together better with the paint gone.

rob

·
Premium Member
13,807 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts