Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is much discussion and I’m a total new so I apologize if I missed the answer to this question. I have a 1025r I will use to mow. It has the 60” deck. I have a few slopes I’m concerned about and was curious if the fluid will help stabilize the tractor on the slopes. I’ve used zero turns up until this point but this is my first tractor

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Yes,just remember its weight that is always there compared to other types of ballast.

Reactions: Levi and PJR832

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
I would load the rear tires, yes it is always there but you have to also remember, it's only adding maybe a 100# to each tire tops (depending what you use). Or you could go with the iron weights from JD, I did both wheel weights and loaded tires but it definitely adds stability.

Reactions: pcabe5

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
What other types of ballast would you recommend? And would there be a time I wouldn’t want ballast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can't think of one. I have all 4 of my tires filled. Don't have any wheel weights. I too have the 60" MMM and it is a great ballast as it's as low down as you can get for a ballast.

Reactions: pcabe5 and PJR832

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I have had rimguard in my 2305 for 9 years, no issues, helps with traction all around especially during snow removal.
And of course stability, but remember if you have a loader, is not a substitute for a ballast box.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
What other types of ballast would you recommend? And would there be a time I wouldn’t want ballast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You could use wheel weight.

I have had rimguard in my 2305 for 9 years, no issues, helps with traction all around especially during snow removal.
And of course stability, but remember if you have a loader, is not a substitute for a ballast box.
Yes you going to need counter weight for loader work.
Just remember that if you ever have to remove the tire it's going to be heavy and a bear to handle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts