Green Tractor Talk banner

Rear forks vs carryall

12K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  lewisc1985 
#1 · (Edited)
Help me decide if I should get rear forks and use a built out pallet as a carryall or get a prebuilt (plus plywood/decking) carry all. Photos and suggestions/reasoning my mind has not thought of are appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
That's a nice dumping carry all for sure. I'll have to do some research on twisting of prebuilt carryalls. My general thought was that with forks, it would be more universal to be able to just add a pallet with some walls/back to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
You can get the Carry-All frame from Tractor Supply for $129. Find yourself a plastic shipping pallet ($10-$15 on Craigslist) and build whatever you want on the pallet. The Carry-All frame will work for lifting pallets just like forks will. For $150 it seems like a no-brainer to me.

Reactions: HydroHarold
#4 ·
You can get the Carry-All frame from Tractor Supply for $129. Find yourself a plastic shipping pallet ($10-$15 on Craigslist) and build whatever you want on the pallet. The Carry-All frame will work for lifting pallets just like forks will. For $150 it seems like a no-brainer to me.
Jim, I have to take issue with you on using the carryall frame for pallets. Only because I read "someplace" that they are not strong enough against twisting force unless they are "decked". The board/plywood deck allows the frame to lift 900#+ transferring all the twist to the back frame. I've got one sitting waiting to get a deck to haul my firewood carriers, it's been sitting for an entire summer!:laugh:

Reactions: Rope_Chucker
#8 ·
Help me decide if I should get rear forks and use a built out pallet as a carryall or get a prebuilt (plus plywood/decking) carry all. Photos and suggestions/reasoning my mind has not thought of are appreciated.
I have a bare King Kutter Carry-all frame that I want to build on this winter. I have used a pallet on it to give me a surface to haul things. ColonyPark is correct, the angle iron construction of a carry-all makes it harder, but not impossible, to pick up pallets. I'm sure a set of 3 point forks would be better at that. I suppose you could make an angle cut at the end of the carry-all to make slipping it into a pallet easier.:dunno:

Money wise, around here a set of 3-pt forks is about $370, while the carry-all is closer to $170...So, I guess it all depends on what you plan to do with it?...

If you plan to move a lot of pallets... get the forks, and then build your self a nice set up to use as box or work station like some of the fancy carry-alls I've seen on here and youtube..

Just be sure to have some weight on the front end or steering over a bump can get exciting!

Product Text Line Parallel Font

Text Line Parallel Font

OR...... get both :gizmo::gizmo:.................................:hide:

#11 ·
I think part of the issue with the County Line Carry-all is it's not built for easy use with a quick hitch. Look at the location of the lift arm pins.. They're too close to where the wood goes.

Parallel Table Furniture

Where as the King Kutter Carry-all is all set, just at wood... The lift pins are not mounted on the uprights, but on tabs that move them away from the wood. The top link pin is moved out too. Very quick hitch friendly. Just add bushings.

Text Line Parallel Font

Floor Steel Metal

Metal

#13 ·
I think part of the issue with the County Line Carry-all is it's not built for easy use with a quick hitch. Look at the location of the lift arm pins.. They're too close to where the wood goes.

View attachment 268721

Where as the King Kutter Carry-all is all set, just at wood... The lift pins are not mounted on the uprights, but on tabs that move them away from the wood. The top link pin is moved out too. Very quick hitch friendly. Just add bushings.

View attachment 268729

View attachment 268737
View attachment 268745
I've never had issues with the lower pins for the TSC carryall.. just the top hook, and it's mostly because it's a harbor freight hitch, the metal frame for the top pin hits, and sometimes I have to jostle it to get it to drop down correctly!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.