Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed better highway safety lighting that could withstand the battering from tree branches and bushes when mowing along the fence lines. I cut 4" square tubing down to the size I wanted for the body, and used 3/16 for the lights to mount in. They been on for two years now and everything is still working as designed so I'm happy, they make a huge difference when mowing along the highway, cars see you and will move to the center of the road when passing by. One guy came so close to me mowing I felt the wind off his vehicle, with so much green in the summer the tractor blends in with the highway grass.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
wow!

·
Administrator
20,979 Posts
Nice fab work. :bigthumb:

·
Administrator
20,979 Posts
GTT doesn't host videos. You have to upload it directly to a site such as YouTube. Then copy the url of the video in the upper address bar. Click on the little video icon in the editor window header. Then paste the link you copied earlier into the popup window. :good2:

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Nice work, tackit.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Super fabrication. Cars really cannot miss you now.

Ditto on super fabrication. Sad part is ""DUMB in a hurry to die drivers"" will disregard turn signals on tractors & equipment. I had auto driver pass me on the left while I was attempting to turn left in my driveway with tractor turn signals FLASHING having to cross double yellow line AKA no passing zone. I had another fast moving driver run off in edge of ditch on right side barely missing my baler then blowing their horn holding out their finger signaling to me that their IQ is #1. Unfortunately my driveway entrance is at the bottom of a hill and on a FM road that has a long curve & view is obscured by some trees

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ditto on super fabrication. Sad part is ""DUMB in a hurry to die drivers"" will disregard turn signals on tractors & equipment. I had auto driver pass me on the left while I was attempting to turn left in my driveway with tractor turn signals FLASHING having to cross double yellow line AKA no passing zone. I had another fast moving driver run off in edge of ditch on right side barely missing my baler then blowing their horn holding out their finger signaling to me that their IQ is #1. Unfortunately my driveway entrance is at the bottom of a hill and on a FM road that has a long curve & view is obscured by some trees
Thanks Tx Jim. It's bad out there TxJim no doubt about it... Living in farm country we who live here expect to get behind farm equipment every so often during certain times of the growing season and harvest. It's mostly those that take their food for granted and expect farmers to know when they are coming so they move to different fields when they aren't around. God Bless our farmers and the men and women that work in farming. :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I've considered have a sign made that states " FOOD ISN"T GROWN IN GROCERY STORE BUT ON THE FARM aided by slow moving machinery similar to the one you've been following"!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
15,051 Posts
W

I agree with RandyM

WOW :bigthumb:

If you break those off , you're more than a tad to close. Going to be a lot more damage than a broken lens.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've considered have a sign made that states " FOOD ISN"T GROWN IN GROCERY STORE BUT ON THE FARM aided by slow moving machinery similar to the one you've been following"!!!!!!!!
The world is so fast paced people don't take time to think about and appreciate all of what it takes get their food on the table. Unfortunately for most, slowing down and taking a leasurly drive through the country checking out the crops and wildlife is not an option. I take drives through the county just to get my head right, as soon as I leave the black top my shoulders relax and my mind becomes soothed and thankful....something soothing about being alone in the middle of acres and acres of openness, seeing the green trees and crops and watching the tall cranes hunting for food in the run off ditches that settles me. :good2:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree with RandyM

WOW :bigthumb:

If you break those off , you're more than a tad to close. Going to be a lot more damage than a broken lens.
ET they should work out fine for where I mow, if something changes and I should bend one, the lights are threaded on so they can be removed and straightened out or replaced with a new one.. :laugh:

·
Registered
754 Posts
I doubt the statistics have changed much in the last 48 years since I took my 4-H tractor operating safety course. The operator of the tractor gets severely injured or killed in 80% of the car-truck vs tractor accidents. And that's using an average size tractor, figure something 5000# minimum which in most cases is pulling an implement weighing 3000-4000# or more. On a CUT or especially SCUT you do not want to be hit by a fast moving car or truck.

I used to spend a L-O-T of time on the road with tractors and implements, two summers when I was in college I worked for the township road commissioner using farm tractors to work on the roads. I had some close calls. With today's smart phone obsessed drivers texting and talking I really hate to be near a road with a 5000-6500+# tractor let alone a 1200-1500# garden tractor, mower, etc. Chances of surviving an accident between something that size and a car/truck moving 55+ mph are pretty slim!

Having a pilot vehicle run interference for you might make more sense. Most farmers around here have done that with their combines and other slow moving huge equipment.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts