Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received and installed the rear LED light for my Mauser cab today. Per detailed instructions, it was easy to install and works great! The light is a 2.75" LED Work Lamp that throws 2,000 raw lumens, 960 effective lumens with a 1 amp draw (12 volt). Here is the email address of the company that makes this light for Mauser: www.visionxusa.com These are the pictures of the light. IMG_2056.jpg IMG_2057.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Received and installed the rear LED light for my Mauser cab today. Per detailed instructions, it was easy to install and works great! The light is a 2.75" LED Work Lamp that throws 2,000 raw lumens, 960 effective lumens with a 1 amp draw (12 volt). Here is the email address of the company that makes this light for Mauser: www.visionxusa.com These are the pictures of the light. View attachment 508209 View attachment 508217
I know this is an old post but do you happen to know the cost of this rear Led light kit for the Mauser cab? Part #? Does it come with a separate switch? Also, Id be interested in replacing my front lights with LED--anyone have a good replacement?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,843 Posts
I know this is an old post but do you happen to know the cost of this rear Led light kit for the Mauser cab? Part #? Does it come with a separate switch? Also, Id be interested in replacing my front lights with LED--anyone have a good replacement?

Thanks!
Are you thinking about replacing the round front mounted lights which were re-positioned from the OEM fender location up to the cab with LED's in that location?

I found some round LED's which are the same size, but I decided to leave the round lights up there and the reason was because of the mounting bracket and the way the lights pivot in place. Since they are mounted "sideways" in the front of the cab roof, which permits the lights to be adjusted in a different way than many..........I keep these round light in the front edge of the cab aimed left and right and out as far as they will illuminate. I am adding some LED lights which are square, like those which this thread was started about. I haven't decided whether they are going to be on the front edge of the roof or on the grille guard shining down over the blade.

If you haven't had the roof off your cab yet, the system for adding electrical components is very well designed and makes adding lights or other components easy. Each of the position for the switch panels on the left and right side of the ceiling have a way to power the items either through the ignition key, the light switch or even hot all the time and switch controlled. There is also a great grounding bar / post for plugging spade connectors into for a proper. Wiring in items in the cab roof is simple and professionally prepared. Also, once you put the roof panel back on, everything is protected from the element and dirt.

Just make sure the new lights you plan to use to replace the lights which were moved up to the cab roof in front will fit into the mounting provided by the design of that area by Mauser. Since they are intending the previously "fender lights" to be mounted in the front roof and turned sideways, I haven't disassembled these lights and instead, just chose to add more lights on another circuit.

The lights I am adding to brighten the area right down in front of my plow blade are these lights......Rural King had the lights on sale for $24 for the lights and another $12 for the harness. They were taking an additional 10% off all LED lighting products during the sale which I think is still going on. The lights claim to be 1,200 lumens and for the price, I thought I would add them specifically to brighten the area in front of the plow. They have a very nice waterproof connection harness which I like

Here is a link to Rural Kings website for these products.

Search results for:

This image shows the shadow directly in front of the plow, which I would like to see better than I am.

I do know the lights I added on the rear of the cab do a great job illuminating the area as shown in the same picture. They do a wonderful job so adding more of the same to the front should produce same or similar results to the front. This picture shows just how different the light quality and immediate brightness are. Of course these are incandescent OEM lights compared to new LED lights and it's important that I mention I have two LED lights on the rear of the cab so that must be considered when comparing the light output.

Also note how the OEM headlights in the front of the tractor grille are blocked by the raised Plow blade. This is what I am hoping to remedy with the new LED's..........

There are a total of 4 OEM incandescent lights shining forward while two LED's shining to the rear. The difference in the volume color and clarity of the light is pretty amazing.

One last point I have noticed to keep in mind, I have found some of the very white LED lights tend to reflect the light off heavy snow which is near the lights, making everything whiter and almost a little more difficult to see because of the bright white light. If you are going to be using a blower or blade and there is a lot of snow in the air, the visibility might compromised due to the super bright white lights. It's much like the effect of having your high beams on in the car when driving in heavy snow.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Great info! Thanks SulleyBear

I never considered the blowing snow and LEDs causing a "whiteout"--I can see where that could be an issue.

What I really need is a rear light --I didn't order it when I ordered the cab and after my first time with the cab on and the snowblower in use I can see where it would be nice to be able to see behind me at night. Maybe just a regular old incandescent --just some light, nothing too wild.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I put 2 Alpena Hex Fire LED lights on the rear of my Mauser cab. They are very bright and reasonably priced. I currently have them wired to the tractor's light switch, so they turn on with the upper forward facing cab lights. I want to rewire them independent of the forward lights. Can someone tell me where I can buy the headliner switch in the 2nd picture?

Alpena HexFire

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put 2 Alpena Hex Fire LED lights on the rear of my Mauser cab. They are very bright and reasonably priced. I currently have them wired to the tractor's light switch, so they turn on with the upper forward facing cab lights. I want to rewire them independent of the forward lights. Can someone tell me where I can buy the headliner switch in the 2nd picture?

Alpena HexFire
I had a hard time finding an extra Mauser switch and my JD dealer said they were not available(?). I did find one on ebay that was a windshield washer switch. I bought it and mounted it in the spare switch panel. It lights up when on and works fine. If you go to the Mauser internet sight you can fill out a message to them. They responded to me in 24 hours. Good luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks!
As I recall, the light and switch came as a kit from my JD dealer via Mauser for the cab. I believe it was $105. It's all OEM without any fuss installing it.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I had a hard time finding an extra Mauser switch and my JD dealer said they were not available(?). I did find one on ebay that was a windshield washer switch. I bought it and mounted it in the spare switch panel. It lights up when on and works fine. If you go to the Mauser internet sight you can fill out a message to them. They responded to me in 24 hours. Good luck.
Is the switch just like the the factory mauser switches in the headliner? Do you have the part number or the eBay link available?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is the switch just like the the factory mauser switches in the headliner? Do you have the part number or the eBay link available?
It was a switch for the Mauser cab windshield washer but I use it for a light. Sorry, I don't have the part number. I think I got it from the ebay Green Dealer. Now that the cabs have been out awhile you may be able to get it from John Deere.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts

Alpena HexFire
I found the brand of switches that Mauser uses at the following online retailer. They are a little pricey after international shipping is applied, but I wanted exact match switches. This will make for a neat and easy install. Coming from the UK, so it will take a while to get.

https://dmcomponents.co.uk/products/britax-511-001-rocker-switch-normally-open-on-off

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
I found the brand of switches that Mauser uses at the following online retailer. They are a little pricey after international shipping is applied, but I wanted exact match switches. This will make for a neat and easy install. Coming from the UK, so it will take a while to get.

https://dmcomponents.co.uk/products/britax-511-001-rocker-switch-normally-open-on-off

So that's the switch, any idea where to find the gray plastic housing with the fuse holder that switch insets into???

·
Registered
3,287 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
well there it is! On the greenparts site--says "call for details"

thanks!!
Your welcome. "call for details". Let me know what the are. I think I'm going to expand even more.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I too have this rear mounted light. I am very impressed with how much light it throws.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Received and installed the rear LED light for my Mauser cab today. Per detailed instructions, it was easy to install and works great! The light is a 2.75" LED Work Lamp that throws 2,000 raw lumens, 960 effective lumens with a 1 amp draw (12 volt). Here is the email address of the company that makes this light for Mauser: www.visionxusa.com These are the pictures of the light. View attachment 508209 View attachment 508217
How did you run the wires? Is the cab's inside roof liner removable? Where did you hook the wires up to?

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
How did you run the wires? Is the cab's inside roof liner removable? Where did you hook the wires up to?
I realize that you asking BarryNWa, but I can answer your question. Like me, I believe BarryNWa also has a Mauser cab. To access the wiring, you simply remove 4 bolts on the roof and lift the roof off, which exposes everything, being wiring, heater core, dome light, windshield wiper, etc. Everything is very neatly organized and you should be able to easily figure out how to wire new lighting. Hopefully this helps. PM me if you would like me to take a picture, as the roof is off at the moment. I can do this Sunday afternoon.

·
Premium Member
8,843 Posts
Replacing the Front Round Lights with the Square LED's

After spending a lot of time considering different mounting locations and all of the consequences, here is what I ended up doing. These are the same lights in my post above, which I bought at Rural King for around $28 for the pair............on sale.

I bought a wiring harness which is shown in my post earlier in this thread, which I didn't need and I also bought a "Y" wire which permits you to join two of these LED's into one plug for one harness, which the way I hooked these up, I did not use the "Y" wire or the extra harness I purchased.

Here is the comparison of the factory round light output and the new LED's on the right of the photo (obviously)

Up close look at one side

Factory Headlights only light quality

With New Square LED's turned on

Some modifications needed to mounting brackets and the brackets are welded to the CAB Roof ROPS so I strongly suggest you modify the lights and not the mounting brackets on the tractor.

Just note the OEM round lights have a female electrical plug because the electrical connection is built onto the bulb mount and install. Carefully consider what you do here as you don't want to butcher factory harnesses unnecessarily and to the point where it's hard to go back cleanly.

Despite the lights largely being out of the elements and the connections being shielded out of the elements by the over hang of the roof, you still want a weather proof connection as you don't want to open the window for any electrical gremlins or future problems.

I have a set of round 1 series Deere OEM Fender / Cab Roof Lights for sale at a very reasonable price if anyone needs them or has damaged theirs, etc. Lights work fine, just no longer need them. If interested, send me a PM

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts