Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I know lots of you dislike the concept of a rear mount 3pth blower but that's what I've decided will work for me, as ultimately I'd like to add a loader mounted plow for light cleanups. Those of you with rear blowers what size are you using? Do you have hydraulic chute control? I'm leaning towards a frontier sb1154 with at least a hydraulic rotator and maybe a chute. I'm a little concerned it's to big for the tractor but, I'd like to hear some first hand experiences. There are other brand alternatives locally but when comparing most have smaller impellers which seem to contribute to throwing distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have a sb1164 that I run on my 1025r. Yes, it's bigger than than JD recommends for my machine but it works just fine. The only difference between the 1154 and 1164 is the 10" of auger length and the steel used for the extra auger housing length...so it's just a bit of weight. The auger and blower fan diameters are the same. I bought it new/leftover from my dealer for a very good price. I sometimes just carry a bucket of snow in the FEL if I need weight on the front end. Some actual weights on the front would eliminate that need. If the snow is deep/heavy I just reduce my speed or take slightly less than a full width pass.
I have hydraulic chute rotation, powered by a JD 3rd scv, and this winter I added a linear actuator to control the chute diverter...a very handy addition.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I have a rear 48" Frontier.
If i could do it again i would of went 54".
Just for the fact it cuts a little wider so as it might give you a little more room as you turn.
Personally i'm not sure you need a hydraulic rotate unless you have a cab.
The rotate handle is right there behind you on the Frontier.

I don't think you will regret a plow on loader arms a single bit.
I think it's the greatest thing ever developed in tractordom.:good2:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I still contemplate selling my front mount and getting a rear mount so I can keep the loader on. Wife is the reason I haven't.

·
Premium Member
12,174 Posts
I still contemplate selling my front mount and getting a rear mount so I can keep the loader on. Wife is the reason I haven't.
Same here.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the 1154 with hyd rotation and hyd deflection and am very happy with it. My opinion it's the perfect size to have for my 1025r
i live in the open country side and battleling with the wind having both hydraulic deflector and rotation is worth it. I'm constantly changing direction and height around my buildings. Best blower I've ever had.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts