Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a JD 332 and finally found a tiller to go with it, but my tractor doesn’t have the upper and lower mounting brackets for the tiller to attach to the tractor. JD dealers say they are obsolete so you can’t order them and I haven’t had any lick finding any on eBay or online so far. Any idea where I could find these or have them made? Included some photos that might help. Any advice or info would be much appreciated!!
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,062 Posts
The best advice is not to buy a tiller without them. I found a set a few years ago, but it took lots of looking.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I suggest you try the WFM site's classified section and post a WANTED ad...since there are a lot more owners/collectors/enthusiasts there for these vintage garden tractors and their attachments.

You also might consider converting to a 3-point mount if you already have that for your tractor (and at least you can buy such a 3-point new from Ruegg still...) There are many threads on the the WFM site on such a mount conversion, and a few of the members there have made and sold the mounts for this conversion.

Lastly -- be aware that there were two styles of upper rock-shaft lift arm mounts and links made as seen in this illustration from the PC1988 parts document (6A or 6B arms, 19 link or 18 + 5 link assembly...) The other circled item in this drawing is the lower mount which is something you would also not need if you went with the 3-point style lift.
tiller to tractor mounting brackets.jpg

Chuck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts