Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed when I was plowing the other day there weren't any lights on the rear of the tractor. When I would backup I would have to rotate the light bar that I put on my ROPS to point to the rear then move it to the front when I was done.

I bought a set of lights from Amazon for $22 that ended up being better than I had hoped for. For now I wired them into the cigarette lighter but plan on moving them to a more hard-wired solution. I will however put them on a plug and keep them removable because I now see these my have more utility than just using them on the tractor.
20161220_170900.jpg
20161220_170908.jpg

There are two four inch lights like this in that box:
20161220_170944.jpg

Instead of hard-point attachment for these I chose to go back and use some of the magnets I bought earlier in the year to hang tools on the tractor with. I felt this would give me more options if I needed light elsewhere I could easily move them without tools. It also meant I didn't have to drill into the ROPS or worry about them getting taken out by a limb. On magnets they will either slide out of the way or fall off AND GET CAUGHT BY THE VELCRO LOOPS that hold the wiring loom in place.
20160802_173659.jpg

Here is a closeup of one of them assembled and stuck on the ROPS:
20161220_172320.jpg

I also discovered last night that with the spreader on the tractor the hopper was so big that little to no light was getting behind it. Since it is a metal hopper...problem solved!
20161220_175715.jpg
20161220_175722.jpg

The other advantage I see is that these can easily be moved into another vehicle. No reason that they can't sit on the hood or roof of a car and be used for additional lighting in the yard. They would work well on a bed side-rail to illuminate the contents of the bed as well. All in I have less than $40 and about 1 hour of time into this setup.

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Where are the Magnets from. are they also on amazon?? Thanks

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where are the Magnets from. are they also on amazon?? Thanks
The ones I ordered were 65#. These might be overkill but given that I use them to hold shovels and axes onto my boom as well I would just get these.

Master Magnetics Round Base Magnet — 95-Lb. Capacity, Model# 07223 | Magnets| Northern Tool + Equipment

Search around NT if you like, they have several models of these in different weights. I had to drill the center holes out to fit a 3/8" bolt for the lights. The tool holders that I used previously fit a #10 bolt. I would assume you can get them from amazon as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts